Gaming Most Impressive GBA Game

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you think is the most impresssive gba game, the one that made you say "WTF?! They Squeezed all that into the gba?" I mean in terms of pushing the gba's power to the limit well you get my point, thanks again for your relentlessly unending help ang repilies

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2D games:

Golden Sun 1 and 2
Gunstar Super Heroes (mode7 abuse anyone?)
Castlevania AOS (they fixed the mediocre sound from HOD which would have been included if not for that issue)
Sonic Advance Trilogy (has some nice effects but the impressive thing is the speed)
Kingdom Hearts COM
Astro Boy
Iridion 1 and 2 (1 sucks as a game but it's more impressive graphically.....slightly)
Mario and Luigi (brilliant animation)
Zelda Minish Cap (another with great animation)
The GBA Metroids

3D games (yes 3D):

Asterix & Obelix XXL (an obscure Europe only game in full 3D with lots of models onscreen at once.)
V-rally 3 (a true 3D racer without the flat mode7 Mario Kart-esq tracks)
Doom 1 and 2
Most 3D games on the GBA were racing games. Only a few were true 3D (not the flat mode7 like the majority of them).

With all the shovelware for the GBA, there were some true gems that made you go WOW! You can tell the devs were going all out on the power and they showed us a hell of a time! The only "bad" game here was Iridion 3D which had amazing graphics, but a terrible perspective that was frustrating to handle. They fixed it for the sequel which is a good vertical scrolling shooter.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Another vote here for both the Golden Sun games. And the metroid titles as well - all fantastic games that properly push the GBA.
smile.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Kingdom hearts. Clearly. just look at the size of the game and everything in it. (although, the riku quest is SLIGHTLY lame and unneeded)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with alot of the choices here, you should also look at the following as also rans

Juka and the Monophonic Menace. Nicely drawn and good look to it though a bit on the simplistic side gameplay wise

Karnaaj Rally, love the top down race look to it. Done by the people who did Skyforce on the PPC, real nice graphics for a GBA

Banjo Kazooie Grunties Revenge. I liked this and thought it looked good considering the limitations of the GBA. Kept within the spirit of the N64 Games

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I thought this looked and played great

Monster Truck Madness, 3D graphic are amazing considering, go on try it and at 4mb tell me your not impressed

The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night Look at the release of the game on the DS and then this. The GBA wipes the floor with it in every way, Graphically great and very playable.

Medal of Honor - Infiltrator Very impressive sound and audio, nice speach, loved the game, the first Medal of Honor was dire

Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone Very impressive graphics

That said my favorite most outstanding games on the GBA were
Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones
Legend of Zelda, The - The Minish Cap
Pokemon FireRed and Leaf Green
Mario and Luigi
Astro Boy
And the top of the list Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories just to hard to fault it on any level. 10/10 in my book

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ufff:
Golden Sun without the question.....
Then Final Fantasy Tactics Advance..
I liked all FF I - VI that were ported to GBA..
And Summon Night: Swordcraft Story I & II..(really nice graphics while roaming around, but once into battle, wow, it looked really sleek and nice)..
Fire Emblem also looked nice in battle animation..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning