Most disturbing/unsettling movie you've seen?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Shinigami357, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Shinigami357
    OP

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    Disclaimer: Mods, if thread goes way off-kilter feel free to move/lock.

That said, please no trolling/flaming. Or at least keep it down to tolerable levels?

So, I noticed we've had a lot of "recommend movies to watch" or essential movie threads, whose aims is to put up the movies you think people should be watching. I am aiming for the opposite. What's the movies you'd advise only for people with strong stomachs? i.e. Movies normal people should try to avoid. And perhaps more importantly, why [put this section in spoilers just in case]?

Prob gonna be a lot of horror here...

Now, I watch a lot of horror, even the B-movie kinds and the ones that every fucking internet troll/wannabe hater/fanboy of another movie hates, so I've seen a few...

[1] Teeth - Not for everyone, and not exactly the best movie ever, but whatever. I remember watching the scream awards years ago, and then they got to something like "best mutilation/dismemberment" and I was like 'SAW is soooo gonna win this' and I mean, they had a frigging autopsy scene (this was part 4) so I thought it was in the bag. Then they showed the clip of the last nominee, and the camera pans out onto the audience. Now, the scream awards have a lot of horror-movie people in it, but they all had this look in their faces like "ewwww". I had watched the movie before and had forgotten about it, but I knew the reaction too well.

I'm not gonna discuss the plot here, but rest assured the male populace will at least be creeped out by this movie. I was laughing through the length of it, though...

[2] Audition - Yay a Japanese movie! I remember making a thread asking about this movie, and while there are a lot of other unsettling Japanese movies, I haven't watched them all yet, so...

Anyway, it's not too gorey or OTT, and the whole thing really kicks in in the last 20-something minutes, but for all the buildup, it's worth it.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

[3] Se7en - "what's in the fucking box?!?" End of discussion. Though Sloth was probably the most shocking part of it, IMHO.

[4] Seed - At least that's the title I remember. It's B-movie throughout, everything from the predictable storyline to the acting, etc...

PS
    After all the searching, it's apparently a Uwe Boll movie, make of that what you will

2. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Human Centipede

/thread.

3. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    There's this old black and white movie I saw once called "Begotten". It's a giant metaphor for the bible or something, if I'm remembering all of this correctly.

The movie's generally confusing and disturbing. Heck, the beginning involves some freaky bloody thing freaking out for about 10-20 minutes. It doesn't help that the quality of the movie is really low.

Begotton on Wikipedia
    A trailer I found
    A few screenshots:

4. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines

Holy shit. Dare I watch it?

5. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    The human centipede isn't that bad, actually. Just mildly gross. Begotten, however.....

6. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    dragon ball evolution and the last airbender. makes me sick just thinking about them,

7. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Those are all weak sauce!

Check out A Serbian Film or Pink Flamingos

8. Quanno

Member Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Oh god, not the Serbian Film [​IMG]

9. nintendoom

Member nintendoom Nintendoom

Antarctica
    Human Centipede,Saw and you could also count in Childs Play 1,2,3 seed of chucky and the bride of chucky.

10. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Saw I'm not sure is really all that effective as it once was. Sure when we seen the guy saw through his ankle (omfg thats where the movie name is from?! derp), and the second one with the razor blades and that chick all made us quiver. But they sort of ruined it by bringing them out year after year and it's just the same old tactics that we know what to expect.

11. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Spice World - The Spice Girls Movie. Very disturbing.

12. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    perhaps not the most disturbing but right up there is Videodrome, a horror classic by David Cronenberg.

13. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    1. Audition. WTF was that. OMFG. The most disturbing part? The fact that I felt sorry for the girl in the end.

2. Requiem for a Dream. I was scared of life after watching this. Nevermind the double anal penetration or the cutting of the hand, that last scene with Lux Aeterna was by far one of my favorite scenes in movie history.

3. Battle Royale. Pitting kids in a no holds barred deathmatch? That director is a sick genius.

4. Human Centipede. Horrible, gross, and extremely disturbing. I was scared of shitting after that movie.

5. Kinatay. It's a local Filipino film (won in Cannes Film Festival) about people getting cut up. So good, excellently made, but disturbing.

6. Antichrist. I REGRET WATCHING THIS. This is a fantastic fucking movie, but I regret watching it. THIS IS THE MOST DISTURBING OF ALL THE ONES I LISTED. DON'T EVEN DARE WATCH IT. On the other hand, this is one of the most elegantly made movies I've ever seen.

7. The Passion of Christ. Showing this to a bunch of 12 year olds was a really weird move on the part of our school. One of the most gory movies ever.

14. Shinigami357
    OP

Philippines

Hmmm... Lemme see... Sounds interesting...

15. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    The Box - This movie's ending bothers me to this day.
    Human Centipede - I haven't even watched the movie, and it freaks me out.
    Teeth - Obvious

16. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It didn't really "unsettle" me but I'm surprised no one put up A Clockwork Orange. Undeniably one of (if not) the most controversial movies of all time. There's also American Psycho, Natural Born Killers, a couple of relatively older movies.

I've never had any movie particularly unsettle but Marble Hornets (the Youtube series) is quite terrifying. There's just that one scene (you should know what scene it is if you've watched it). Really creepy. It's well done though.

17. pkl2007

Newcomer pkl2007 Advanced Member

Australia
    megaphone scene in battle royale.

18. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I found the first guy who died before the contest started more unsettling.

But yeah, the megaphone thing was disturbing too.

19. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Showgirls, unsettles your 'feelings'

20. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    I spit on your grave.

has the worst scenes, ever.

period.

oh yeah also i don't recomend watching it. I was raging and disturbing myselft the entire movie