Zaraf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I would have to say that Contra 4 is the hardest DS game. Although Ouendan (and it's sequels) on their hardest difficultly come close. But even on Normal mode, Contra 4 is like Super Hard mode on other games. I haven't even attempted Hard mode on Contra 4.

What do you guys think is the hardest and most difficult game on DS so far?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dementium: The Ward, due to it's broken save system.

I haven't tried Contra 4 yet (will try right now, actually, just finished DLing
tongue.gif
), but taking in account most community members, I'd say it's pretty hard (you state it yourself).
smile.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh, once you beat Contra 4 once, the game is a piece of cake.

I beat it on hard only losing one life, at the part where you're on the rocket, cause I missed the platform.

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Contra 4 - typical old-school memorize-to-survive game
Etrian Odissey - frustrating at many times
Magnetica - Some of the later stages are hell and took me days
Super Monkey Ball - 2 last worlds are stupidly hard
Chronos Twin - Fries my brain and tires my eyes at later stages

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardest game?
Nanostray was hard when trying to unlock the extras and get those huge scores that were based on valore, so you basicly went in blind hoping you were getting a bigger score.

Id say that the hardest game ever would be Ping pals.
Seroiusly, it'll take you a lifetime to find another player to actually play it with. Hard as hell and not worth the effort in the end.

Oh and Contra wise, isnt it a trend of Konami's to make the US versions of contra harder than the Japanese versions?
I remember playing the Contra 4 genesis rom (that would be the best contra in my view) and the Japanese version was easier with a three hit life bar while the US version only gave you one hit before you die.
I wonder why they did that.

Man ping pals is so hard!

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oh come on, you gotta be kidding me. The Contra levels are pretty much the exact same on all three difficulties (EXACTLY the same, even the bullet timings, when the enemies shoot and where the enemies spawn from), if you memorize the levels from easy or normal you can get through hard very quickly (the only thing different is that there are more random spawns and the bosses take more damage).

Hell, you could probably get through the first level without shooting at anyone besides the guys that are perched in front of you and the boss.

I'd have to say Nanostray Challenges.

Zaraf

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On Contra 4, on Hard, the bullets fly faster than on Normal. I haven't tried Easy yet, but I expect them to be slower than Normal. Grimalkin, most people aren't super fast and agile enough with their fingers to be able to dodge bullets and such. I'm pretty good at those top down shooting games like Strikers....being able to navigate myself through a hail of bullets. But the problem I have with Contra is that once I jump, my movements are quite limited. Also, my character doesn't move fast enough to be able to dodge half of the bosses moves unless I'm already well in advances close to dodging them. Even if I know the pattern...and I already know all of the bosses patterns.
tongue.gif

Mieki

Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda PH, I've been stuck trying to kill that stupid bitch thats after lineback for days.

Wait for her to attack, then dodge as she strikes, then hit her while she's not moving

Yeah, Contra 4 was damn hard. The Ouendan Series (including EBA) isn't hard as long as you have a srnse of rhythm. I'd still go with Contra 4, followed by a closely by Etrian Odyssey.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu