Country
Canada
Assuming you don't care for looks, and assuming GH4 supports GH2/3 guitars;

GH2 game + controller
GH3 game + controller
Rock Band game + drum
Headset
GH4 game + drum

So you'll end up with 1 Xplorer, 1 Les Paul, 1 RB drum and 1 GH4 drum and 4 games.

This way you can save your money on:
RB mic and GH4 mic - headset works just fine except it's hard to tap when you're playing another instrument at the same time
RB guitar - not compatible with current GH games and presumably future GH games as well
GH4 guitar - if you already have two, then...

RB drum and GH4 drum do not seem to be compatible because of different number of drumheads (and cymbals =P).

While I do love rhythm games, I don't like the flood of peripherials.
I mean 2 beatmania controllers, 2 taiko drums, 4 guitars, 2 drums, 4 mics.... Come on.. Don't force people to buy bigger homes so that they can store all their rhythm game controllers..
What's the worst thing that can happen? Harmonix announcing Rock Band 2 with a new drum controller with 4 drumheads and 2 cymbals.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solution! Stop spending money on digital crap. Get the real thing. Learn real talents. Start real bands. Get real fans? (omg real girls
ph34r.gif
)?
These days...its looking like the cheaper alternative.
cool.gif

But thanks for the advice as well. I do enjoy a good guitar hero every now and then.

Eclipse0219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that crap really is getting ridiculous. I had GH 3 for my Wii before I sold my Wii, and I liked it a lot, so when I sold my Wii I got a good deal from my friend on his 360 - He let me get his 360 and a few games (including Rockband with the Guitar, Drums, and Mic) all of it for just $300. So I basically got RB for free, and it is a fun game, but I'm probably done buying these kinds of games now. Except for the DS one coming out, I might get that if Homebrew is made for it. But my friend is gonna hook me up with a real guitar for just $20 and I'm going to learn how to play that instead of wasting my time with GH and RB. I mean they are fun games but if I would have spent as much time playing a real instrument as I have with those games... I dunno. But then again they are what made me want to get a real guitar in the first place.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can play rhythm games fairly well (Beatmania Another, Taiko Oni, GH/RB Expert...) but I have no idea how to read the 5 lines and bean sprouts.
(like, I don't even remember what they're called =P haven taken music since graduating high school)

I think rhythm games and playing instruments are totally different things even though rhythm games are made to feel like playing an instrument.
If you give me a guitar and a chart, I wouldn't really be motivated to play. But if you give me a game and guitar controller I'm playing till I get 5 stars on all songs
tongue.gif
So it's purely for achievements and fun as in game fun not music fun. No I'm so confusing myself I should stop writing.

Eclipse0219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I agree with you they are fun but when you say it's purely for achievements and fun, the same could be said for playing real guitar. But GH and RB are a lot different from other games, because they do give you the feeling that you are playing the real thing. But when you really can play the real thing, for around the same money it would cost you to buy the game, I don't see why people shouldn't give the real thing a try. Thats the cool thing about it, if you play the game and like it, you can say "Hey, it would be pretty cool to really learn how to play guitar." And then you could get a real guitar, because real guitars aren't that hard to get. But if you played like GTA IV or something and liked it and said "Man I wanna go steal a car and outrun the cops." You couldn't really do that, (well you could but it isn't a good idea) which is why we have those kinds of games, because we can't do stuff like that in real life. I dunno if that makes sense though lol maybe not a very good example.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys are lame for playing GTA, why don't you go out and buy a real gun and steal some real cars? Then you can drive around in a cool car, and pick up real hookers, instead of staying at home in your mom's basement playing video games.

If you couldn't tell, it was sarcasm. Basically all you asses saying "wah wah guitar hero/rockband/etc isn't a real musical instrument, go buy a real guitar/drums/etc" can STFU. We aren't playing it to learn an instrument, we're playing it because it's a fun video game.

Eclipse0219

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said it wasn't a real instrument because it obviously isn't. Nobody said you had to buy the real thing. As I stated earlier it is fun, but what I'm saying is that if you wanted to buy a real guitar after having developing an interest for guitar by playing GH or RB, you could do that. You can't really say that for many other video games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: