Most bang for your buck flash cart?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shadowdorothy, Jul 27, 2013.

1. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    So I've had an r4i-3ds for a while now, and quite frankly it just doesn't fit my needs anymore. To difficult to upgrade, firmware doesn't always work, blah blah blah you get the idea.

So I want to know what flash carts you think are best. What gives you the most for your money. Best support, easy to use and access. Does it make you think "Glad I spent my money on this instead of something else".

Main things I'm looking for;
    Can use up to 64gb Micro SD
    Support for the latest DS games
    Easy to use
    Multi-language support would be nice, but is not necessary.
    Customized interface or menus, even wallpapers.
    Auto patching (is this even a concern anymore?)

Things I don't need, but would be nice
    3ds support (all ds flash carts offer this, but I'm not really concerned about it)
    GBA rom support

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    SupercardDS Two

Boy12, DiabloStorm and Fyrus like this.
  3. shadowdorothy
    OP

shadowdorothy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    The Supercard DSTWO seems to be highly recommended, but after the problems I had with a previous super card I am a bit put off by them. Have they finally fixed the save game loss issues? My first two super cards had save game wipes constantly.

4. asnka

asnka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2006
    United States
    yep, IMO you wont find a better cart...plays movies and has emus made for it...also real time save,cheats, some other stuff i don't use....

here is the review http://gbatemp.net/threads/supercard-dstwo-review.232281/

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The DSTwo is built on totally different tech than the originals.

If upgrading is your concern get a DSTwo. Period. It's the only, the singular, the one and only, the sole flash cart to have not needed a new model.

6. Thorhian

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

May 23, 2012
    United States
    Shazezar
    Buy the DSTwo, you wont regret it. That thing is from my knowledge practically impossible to block in DS(i, since its 3DS, too bad we can't take advantage of DSi mode's features) mode.

7. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    as everybody said before, buy the dstwo. R4s might be cheap, but in the long run they will cost more.