Apr 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    I totally forget that one!
    First time it scared the crap outa me!

2. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Kabuto from Pokemon. Last year I was playing a patched Diamond game and there were Kabuto everywhere in this one part, and I actually had nightmares about the little fuckers.

[​IMG]

3. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    Oh, but kabuto is totally cute [​IMG] The scariest enemy is Ganon Beast. [​IMG]

4. Cablephish

Cablephish Show me...

Apr 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    When I used to have my SNES when I was really young, one of the most freaky things I ever saw in any video game, which had me traumatized, was Andross' face on the Game over screen in Star Fox!

5. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Cute?!?! Look at those red beady eyes! Devil eyes!

6. Tigerstar

Tigerstar Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone mentioned the hideous multi-armed monsters from Ocarina of Time? Horrifying, even more so than the Redeads - their pallid skin, long thin necks and slow shuddering movements...makes me shiver even now!

7. Hillsy_

Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2007
    I agree with you, but you can actually kill pyramid head.. the problem is another is re-spawned. Pyramid Head & the Nemesis were creepy. Alma from F.E.A.R too.

Annoying, medusa heads from Castlevania - agree too.

8. Lubbo

Lubbo GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence

Oct 16, 2008
    Australia
    Melbourne
    most annoying for me would definately be the little guys in Medievil: Resurrection for PSP when they take your weapons

9. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    You cant get scarier than head crabs and headcrab zombies in half-life 2, they told you to not goto Ravenholm dammit why did you have to go?
    [​IMG]
    by far the scariest is the trek through Ravenholm

10. agentgamma

agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Mario from Donkey Kong Jr D:

11. Raiser

Raiser I am mad scientist.

May 31, 2008
    Canada
    One of the most annoying for me was in Battle Assault 3: Featuring Gundam Seed.
    The battle where it's you (Strike) versus Duel and Buster when reentering the atmosphere for the first time. Annoying because of the time limit AND because it can seem VERY cheap at times. >.>

Scariest I think... are the Iron Maidens (is that what they're called?) from Resident Evil 4. Damn, they walk and look freaky even though there's not much detail on them. xD

12. Immortal Game

Immortal Game GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2008
    United States
    I'm terrified of the turrets in Portal for some reason.

It's part of the reason why I quit playing that game... so that I wouldn't ever get to the level where I have to see them.

13. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    You are really depriving yourself by not finishing the game.

Another one I have though of is the Dual Bladed Chainsaw man from Mercenaries in Resident Evil 4.

14. Shivers

Shivers Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2008
    The ninja things that run around above the ceiling's in F.E.A.R. [​IMG]

15. Earl

Earl GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    Norway
    Most annoying enemy i don't really know, so I'll just say the medusa's that turn you into stone and the imps in castlevania dawn of sorrow.

Most scary though is hands down the wall masters from Zelda: OoT. Cant believe noone mentioned these fuckers yet.

[​IMG]

Both the ones that grab you from the roof and drag you up, and the ones that are first big, then turn into invisible babies that suck the life out of you are horrible, i remember when i was younger and had to fight these i would just close my eyes and spam dins fire D:

16. Legobot

Legobot GBAtemp Regular

Oct 25, 2008
    Wherever the wind takes me
    The flood from the Halo 1 were scary how they got back up after you thought you had killed them. It was annoying on legendary difficulty. They weren't so scary in Halo 2 & 3 just annoying that melee sucked or anything that wasn't a rocket launcher or shotgun against them

17. NightKry

NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Like, here?
    Most annoying would be the crows in ALL the Resident Evil games.
    And the cerberus. =\

Most terrifying would be... Iron Maiden scared be sh!tless the first time... but I have to say Vertigo wins.
    I didn't have the rocket launcher the first time through, and waiting for the damned elevator was just too much. *cries at memories* Plus he keeps stalking you.. and the music gets to you too =(

They're both from RE4

18. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    For me it would probably have to be the Metal Slimes and Metal Bubbles from the Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior series. My heart jumped whenever I encountered one because they're so rare in the first place, and worth so much EXP that defeating them almost always guaranteed a level up (and they only have a few HP, so you'd think they were easy to defeat), but the catch was that their evade was so high and I could never hit them. Then the f*ckers would run away and I'd get nothing. They've given me so much false hope throughout my childhood.

19. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Most likely either Wall Masters (Ocarina of Time) - I got scared to death (When I was little) when I saw the shadow and heard the falling noise - or the Iron Maiden in the one part of Resident Evil 4 when you look in the monitor it comes through the door.

20. alex

alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 1, 2008
    United States
    Redeads from Ocarina of Time. I swear, I played that game on the computer once, and I was doing good, and when I went to get the Sun's Song(or whatever song changes Day/Night)and I got creeped out and ran through the acid. And later at the Temple of Time when Link is older, I saw them, and closed the emulator right away.
    But I bought it from the Shop Channel and beat it. [​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted