Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by gov78, Apr 25, 2008.

Apr 25, 2008

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe by gov78 at 7:32 PM (1,709 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. gov78
    OP

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    well i just found out that theres actuly gunna put MK against DC kinda Wierd Match up but kicking Scorpions ass with The Joker would be awsome
    heres a link to the full story by 1UP.Com
    MK vs DC

P.S Sorry if its already been posted

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
  3. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    It probably has been posted as the news is almost a week old; And the game? It's probably gonna suck.

Here are the "catch-22" reasons why :

- the engine makes it impossible to deal a fatality to superman. lame and no fun.
    - the engine makes it possible to deal a fatality to superman. lame and cheesy.

- the game doesn't include characters which would have BROKEN IT entirely, thus removing superman, green lantern, flash, martian manhunter and half of the JLA out of the game, leaving you with the lamest DC characters in the game.
    - the game will include watered-down versions of the godly characters, and the plot will probably be all about "waah, superheroes have lost their powers and can only fight mano a mano", which is the exact reason NOT why I would buy a videogame containing superheroes. Yeah, I sure wanna play flash at normal speed, or green lantern without a ring.

It boggles the mind, really. I hope I'm wrong and they manage to make it something cool;
    I can see why they got this idea; Street fighter VS marvel superheroes kicked ass! But marvel universe characters are seriously underpowered compared to any of the big hitters over at DC (It's not my opinion, it's clearly stated in the JLA/Avengers crossover)

4. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Superman is one of the only four 100% confirmed characters so far. Ed Boon has already stated that there's a story explaination to why human characters like Batman are enhanced while the super powered ones like Superman are weakened, while retaining their powers.

And if you're looking at this expecting everyone to be as powerful as the are in the comics then you're doing it wrong. It's suppose to be a balanced fighter, not a "SUPERMAN WINS EVERY FIGHT BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING SUPERMAN!" game.

I've said it time and time again, I'm tired of people thinking the Mortal Kombat games are only about the 30-second sequences at the end of a fight. That was the main appeal in the 2D days, sure, but now the games have a solid fighting engine and Deception is probably my favorite real fighter, period. Blood is as realistic as they are in the comics and fatalities are being replaced with just stronger fight ending moves. So what?

5. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    WTF, no Superman? That's like leaving out Ken or Ryu from a StreetFighter game. Screw Captain America and Batman, Superman is the face of DC in my opinion. This game is officially lame by default!! [​IMG]

6. gov78
    OP

United Kingdom
    Captain America is Marvel >_>

7. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    wow the gameplay looks kinda cool... wonder what formats its gonna be on

8. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Did you just miss my entire post? [​IMG]

9. gov78
    OP

United Kingdom
    if think its only been announced for XB360 and PS3

10. Enter260

Newcomer Enter260 Advanced Member

United States
    many of you are forgetting that this is MORTAL kombat. remember raiden? he's a god right? the reason why he can get his head chopped off in MORTAL kombat is because it is MORTAL kombat.

so, it makes sense if superman gets nerfed and can be killed because he is fighting in MORTAL kombat.

11. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Well they'll probably do the whole "DC characters are out of their universe so Superman is not so super in the Mortal Kombat realm just like on some planets he's just regular" thing.

We're dealing with videogames/comics/fantasy/sci-fi anything can happen.

12. Hitto

Member Hitto MKDS Tournament Winner

France
    Well, good for you - I can't stomach the controls in mortal kombat since the third game! And as I said, if you wanna sell superman (or your favorite superhero) to me, don't sell me the wimpy-underpowered-by-plot-device version! Why would I CARE? Either make the inclusion goofy and non-canonical and tongue-and-cheek all the way (marvel vs capcom, soul Calibur, SSBB), or make it look like a tired attempt to revive a dead franchise.

And shit, *I* personally am tired to see video games where superman isn't *exactly* as godly as he is in the comic books.