'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie reboot gets first trailer

MK movie.PNG

Last month, we got the first images of the upcoming Mortal Kombat live-action movie reboot, giving us a peek at how the characters look like. Today, HBO Max released the first trailer for the movie, along with a synopsis:

In “Mortal Kombat,” MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage—or why Outworld's Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. Fearing for his family's safety, Cole goes in search of Sonya Blade at the direction of Jax, a Special Forces Major who bears the same strange dragon marking Cole was born with. Soon, he finds himself at the temple of Lord Raiden, an Elder God and the protector of Earthrealm, who grants sanctuary to those who bear the mark. Here, Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang, Kung Lao and rogue mercenary Kano, as he prepares to stand with Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. But will Cole be pushed hard enough to unlock his arcana—the immense power from within his soul—in time to save not only his family, but to stop Outworld once and for all?

If YouTube's restriction doesn't work for you, you can also see the trailer from the official Twitter account:

The live-action Mortal Kombat movie reboot will premiere in theaters April 16 and stream on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT/3:01 am ET on the same day. Will you be watching it?

:arrow: SOURCE

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Last month, we got the first images of the upcoming Mortal Kombat live-action movie reboot, giving us a peek at how the characters look like. Today, HBO Max released the first trailer for the movie, along with a synopsis:

If YouTube's restriction doesn't work for you, you can also see the trailer from the official Twitter account:

The live-action Mortal Kombat movie reboot will premiere in theaters April 16 and stream on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT/3:01 am ET on the same day. Will you be watching it?

:arrow: SOURCE

Half of me is uninterested but excited at the possibility of another at-least-mediocre video game movie.
The other half remembers the Street Fighter movie.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we have different senses of humour? Because I find the idea of a big faceless tech corp asking for my ID hilarious, not sure why you felt the need to comment at all. I was signed in. They still asked for ID.

I've never heard of being asked to show actual id when logged in and of legal age to be watching. But I did see this:

Why we might ask you to verify
Some reasons we might ask you to verify include:

• We saw a suspicious transaction in your payments profile.
  • We need to verify the information associated with the account.
  • We need more information to comply with EU law (European customers only).
So if it's a regional thing, blame your government. Not YouTube.

Edit: Also just found this. You're complaining about the wrong people. ;)

Watching age-restricted videos
To provide age-appropriate experiences when people come to YouTube, we have certain policies on what content is age-restricted. This means content that isn’t appropriate for viewers under 18 will be age-restricted.

What this means for viewers
Age-restricted videos are not viewable to viewers who:

If you’re in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or United Kingdom
The Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD) is an EU-wide coordination of national legislation on audiovisual media – both traditional TV broadcasts and on-demand services. Recently, AVMSD was revised to extend certain rules to video sharing platforms (VSPs).

In line with AVMSD, you may be asked to re-verify your date of birth when watching age-restricted videos. Follow the prompts to submit an image of a valid ID or credit card. Learn more about what we do with your ID/credit card.

For more info on AVMSD, check out this website.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea why anyone thought a reboot was even necessary. .

1: The original movies more or less wrapped up the core story. Continuing it now would be forced.

2: The game storyline is also finished, conclusively at that. There's no point to writing the game stories.

3: Actors are out of the business or too old to continue.

That good enough?

MasterZoilus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now the best live Action anything mortal kombat is the original 1995 movie...

and in second place is THIS 2021 MK movie trailer!
Yes, just this trailer by itself is better than the entire MK: Annihilation movie! and anything live
action after that.

I have a feeling this movie may bump off the 1995 movie as best MK live action. I mean it would
REALLY have to suk monster donkey nuts for it not to.

Last edited by MasterZoilus,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For now the best live Action anything mortal kombat is the original 1995 movie...

and in second place is THIS 2021 MK movie trailer!
Yes, just this trailer by itself is better than the entire MK: Annihilation movie! and anything live
action after that.

I have a feeling this movie may bump off the 1995 movie as best MK live action. I mean it would
REALLY have to suk monster donkey nuts for it not to.
The one thing it might be missing is that kind of half-intentional campiness of the original film, but it's probably better that they don't try to force it and ruin the whole thing as a result.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: The original movies more or less wrapped up the core story. Continuing it now would be forced.

2: The game storyline is also finished, conclusively at that. There's no point to writing the game stories.

3: Actors are out of the business or too old to continue.

That good enough?

No. Not whatsoever. What I'm saying is that the original movies were garbage and there's no reason for this obvious shitfest.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Not whatsoever. What I'm saying is that the original movies were garbage and there's no reason for this obvious shitfest.
"Obvious" shitfest.

So you're saying all the people here who are optimistic about it are wrong to think it can be good? Because claiming an objective anything is "obvious" is in itself a borderline insult to anyone who doesn't agree with you, implying they are "blind" or something of the sort. Y'know what else people called an "obvious" failure? The "Sonic the Hedgehog" movie.

If your statement isn't some holier than thou that you'll disguise as hyperbole, that's one thing. If it's you being incapable of using the right words, it's another. Whether something will or won't be a shitfest often isn't readily apparent until it's properly released. The reception around this has been infinitely better than the Monster Hunter movie, and that has thus far been a nigh undeniable shitfest from early reception until now.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am lost. I think I saw Scorpion throws the spear from the palm from the game but this movie showing otherwise that he throws the spear from the wrist instead. :blink:

Last edited by spotanjo3,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Obvious" shitfest.

So you're saying all the people here who are optimistic about it are wrong to think it can be good? Because claiming an objective anything is "obvious" is in itself a borderline insult to anyone who doesn't agree with you, implying they are "blind" or something of the sort. Y'know what else people called an "obvious" failure? The "Sonic the Hedgehog" movie.

If your statement isn't some holier than thou that you'll disguise as hyperbole, that's one thing. If it's you being incapable of using the right words, it's another. Whether something will or won't be a shitfest often isn't readily apparent until it's properly released. The reception around this has been infinitely better than the Monster Hunter movie, and that has thus far been a nigh undeniable shitfest from early reception until now.

Wow. Sounds like I hurt your feelings. Try not to be such an obvious hypocrite. You know, with all that holier than thou talk. Know what else is obvious? That my comment was an opinion regardless of verbiage. Shrug. Try to enjoy your weekend though. Maybe knowing you can get all three of the original movies together on Blu-ray at Amazon for under $12 will help you out a bit?

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hiroyuki Sanada being in this makes me want to watch this. Seems like they are actually developing a decent story. The "get over here" seemed slightly cornballish, but I'll suspend my criticism.

"Obvious" shitfest.

Try not to be such an obvious hypocrite.

It's not obvious to me. Claiming that it is obvious is itself a borderline insult to anyone who doesn't agree with you. Maybe you should replace "obvious" with "in my opinion" if that's what you actually mean.

Reactions: VartioArtel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No IKEA shit breaks within a month bed bath and beyond goes beyond
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus pictures don't always cut it with furniture when there's like 10 different bolt styles and they're just like figure it out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not like how people whack it to uremums onlyfans :teach: