'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie reboot gets first trailer

MK movie.PNG

Last month, we got the first images of the upcoming Mortal Kombat live-action movie reboot, giving us a peek at how the characters look like. Today, HBO Max released the first trailer for the movie, along with a synopsis:

In “Mortal Kombat,” MMA fighter Cole Young, accustomed to taking a beating for money, is unaware of his heritage—or why Outworld's Emperor Shang Tsung has sent his best warrior, Sub-Zero, an otherworldly Cryomancer, to hunt Cole down. Fearing for his family's safety, Cole goes in search of Sonya Blade at the direction of Jax, a Special Forces Major who bears the same strange dragon marking Cole was born with. Soon, he finds himself at the temple of Lord Raiden, an Elder God and the protector of Earthrealm, who grants sanctuary to those who bear the mark. Here, Cole trains with experienced warriors Liu Kang, Kung Lao and rogue mercenary Kano, as he prepares to stand with Earth’s greatest champions against the enemies of Outworld in a high stakes battle for the universe. But will Cole be pushed hard enough to unlock his arcana—the immense power from within his soul—in time to save not only his family, but to stop Outworld once and for all?

If YouTube's restriction doesn't work for you, you can also see the trailer from the official Twitter account:

The live-action Mortal Kombat movie reboot will premiere in theaters April 16 and stream on HBO Max at 12:01 am PT/3:01 am ET on the same day. Will you be watching it?

:arrow: SOURCE

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah I figured it might not work for everyone and added the Twitter link

I just typed it into youtube and watched it uploaded by someone else. Looks good I'll go watch it. Just found it funny they expect me to send ID to watch a trailer.

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
I just typed it into youtube and watched it uploaded by someone else. Looks good I'll go watch it. Just found it funny they expect me to send ID to watch a trailer.
asking for an ID indeed sounds... weird. I get that there's an age restriction but maybe because you aren't signed in?

but yeah, the trailer got my interest too. let's see how they manage with the plot.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can only watch this trailer by verifying my age and sending ID too google? LMAO pass.
https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watchmore?v=J983DiVbZ9k worked for me.

Anyway cautiously optimistic after that.
Not the best trailer I have ever seen and fight scenes... not quite as fun as a Tony Jaa film or similar grade, that CGI robot hand for presumably Jax was a bit iffy.
That said I would not be expecting a trainwreck or complete mediocrity.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure why you found it funny. It's quite common on YouTube to have to be signed in to verify age to watch certain things.

but yeah, the trailer got my interest too. let's see how they manage with the plot.

The plot is listed in the article. Sounds like garbage. No idea why anyone thought a reboot was even necessary. I personally won't be wasting a dime on this. The trailer alone looks lame enough imo.

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure why you found it funny. It's quite common on YouTube to have to be signed in to verify age to watch certain things.

The plot is listed in the article. Sounds like garbage. No idea why anyone thought a reboot was even necessary. I personally won't be wasting a dime on this. The trailer alone looks lame enough imo.

Because we have different senses of humour? Because I find the idea of a big faceless tech corp asking for my ID hilarious, not sure why you felt the need to comment at all. I was signed in. They still asked for ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE