'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie gets new release date

MK movie.PNG

Movie adaptation of video game franchises have experienced something of a renaissance lately with titles from Saints Row to Metal Gear Solid announced; so you might have missed that a Mortal Kombat adaptation is well in the works. In fact, it was originally set to premier on January 15, 2021. But the launch date has been pushed back to April 16, 2021; likely due to the ongoing pandemic. The announcement came from a recent tweet from the official Mortal Kombat Movie Twitter account:

The announcement also mentions that the Mortal Kombat big-screen adaptation will launch in theatres and be available to stream on HBO Max on the same day.

:arrow: SOURCE

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
the original one is pretty great imo (though not by general film standards, just for what it was). Cheese and all.

I revered the SHIT out of it when I was a kid. Remember seeing it in theaters.

and asked my parents to buy It on VHS, but it was at a time when it was rental only and to buy the movie outright was $100 from Blockbuster. They refused (understandable)

I eventually bought the DVD, still have it.

Until Angry Birds it was considered the best movie based on a videogame.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FAST6191

but that logo was black and this is a black background, and I think either a orange background like the original, or just a white silhouette for the logo would have been a bit less good imo, the white silhouette being plain and the orange background being somehow less epic, and unfitting for the more recent MK games :3
Thought I would do a 5 minute tweak with such things in mind and using all the same colours. Could do better at cutting out the new logo but eh

mortal_kombat_tweak.jpg

mortal_kombat_tweak_2.jpg

Reactions: Spring_Spring

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The film lines for Mortal Kombat have been cursed, as well as the film lines for Dragon Ball Z. Every revision/reboot fails. No one spends money to watch them, as they're pretty much guaranteed to be mediocre.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first one was the best movie based on a video game... on the whole century and MK fans loved it.

The second was... was freaking terrible.
"the whole century" means 80s and 90s.

If doing the usual thing of ignoring cartoon films then that is not a large list of things and is mostly Mario, Street Fighter (which if I am going for pure cheese would beat Mortal Kombat, though MK is probably the better film) and I think Wing Commander technically squeaked in under the line. 2001 and onwards is when things really kicked off for game adaptations.

If we are including theatrical animations then I will make the case for Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.

darkesha

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really loved the recent Scorpoion's Revenge.
In my opinion is should be nominated for Oscar (animated feature of the year) this year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...