'Mortal Kombat' live-action movie gets new release date

MK movie.PNG

Movie adaptation of video game franchises have experienced something of a renaissance lately with titles from Saints Row to Metal Gear Solid announced; so you might have missed that a Mortal Kombat adaptation is well in the works. In fact, it was originally set to premier on January 15, 2021. But the launch date has been pushed back to April 16, 2021; likely due to the ongoing pandemic. The announcement came from a recent tweet from the official Mortal Kombat Movie Twitter account:

The announcement also mentions that the Mortal Kombat big-screen adaptation will launch in theatres and be available to stream on HBO Max on the same day.

:arrow: SOURCE

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
spring-enterprises.neocities.org
XP
Country
Denmark
@FAST6191

but that logo was black and this is a black background, and I think either a orange background like the original, or just a white silhouette for the logo would have been a bit less good imo, the white silhouette being plain and the orange background being somehow less epic, and unfitting for the more recent MK games :3

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ChrisMCNBVA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they use this song in the film.

me too, i love that album i still have that cd of all the songs for the different characters I didn't like the annihilation soundtrack though except for a couple songs

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hehhehheh...based on some of the stuff I've heard about this movie on some of the early scripts, we could be in for quite the soul sucking fiery mess that will make an MK fan want to tear their own spinal cord out and release their own animality onto critic sites when it finally comes out!

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already have a perfect Mortal Kombat movie and there is absolutely no need for a new one :tpi:

the original one is pretty great imo (though not by general film standards, just for what it was). Cheese and all.

I revered the SHIT out of it when I was a kid. Remember seeing it in theaters.

and asked my parents to buy It on VHS, but it was at a time when it was rental only and to buy the movie outright was $100 from Blockbuster. They refused (understandable)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This new movie might end up so bad people will appreciate mk annihilation as a result instead of bashing it all the time.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Please no... The first two were brutal enough on my eyes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this supposed to be a remake or a reboot?

Also why bother to delay it if the plan was to release on streaming anyway...
My thoughts exactly. Just like wonder woman 1984 should have debuted on Disney+, instead of sitting on it for half the year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: