Hacking Mortal Kombat Armageddon

Hitokiri1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked through dead/dying threads about this issue and I still can't seem to get this game to work. I've no problem with running other games with these issues like SSX Blur, House of the Dead 2, and Metroid Prime. I keep trying to boot the game with the alternate .dol file "mk7.dol" but I'm having to luck whatsoever.

What happens when I attempt to launch the game:

CFG Loader hangs when attempting to boot the game up via IOS 249.
Hangs before the alt.dol can be loaded.

I've tried the methods to get it working (WiiScrubber, etc) but no dice. :/

Any help is appreciated. Let me know what other specs/information I should post.
smile.gif

• Wii System Menu 4.0U
  • CFG v65 (newest?)

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are suposed to name the file to its gameID and then use the Alt-Dol option, dont you? RKME5D.dol

At least thats what I did with MoHH2 and it worked.

Hitokiri1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, forgot to post that little detail.

cIOSX rev21d2x v2

I'll try again what you suggested, Warmarine. I think I already did that but I'll give another shot.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In at least NeoGamma and Configurable USB Loader, you should have the option for alternative .dol loading+, which requires the correct .wdm file on your sd card and the loader set to it. If you don't have that option, use alternative .dol loading from disc, loading it from storage is something that was required months(over a year?) ago.

harroxelas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nevermind...

Well I played it today on cios 249 rev21d2x v2 base 56, system menu 4.2 and cfg loader v65, loading alt. dol mk7.dol.

Hitokiri1985

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
In at least NeoGamma and Configurable USB Loader, you should have the option for alternative .dol loading+, which requires the correct .wdm file on your sd card and the loader set to it. If you don't have that option, use alternative .dol loading from disc, loading it from storage is something that was required months(over a year?) ago.

I have the .wdm files. Do they have to be somewhere specific? I have them in SD:/usb-loader currently.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    my teacher was showing me something and i noticed they had gbatemp open in another window
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    when worlds collide
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Your teacher is ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
    +2
    Gift
    they could be in this very chat, they could be any one of us
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    InB4 "Julie, get back to work on your homework, that assignment is due tomorrow."
    +1
    Gift
    god damn no one ever wants to talk to me but the MOMENT i start studying everyone got shit to say to me
    Gift
  • Gift
    (not you guys tho, you guys are cool :)
    Gift
    fuck how do i use emoticons within parenthesis
    Gift
    i left out the closing bracket but that just looks incomplete
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/110146/view
    Imagine if that teacher was, I dunno, pingpong or DinohScene or some other mod or admin...that'd be something, huh.
    +1
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The teacher just wanted to know what kind of perverted debauchery Julie was watching on the school computer instead of studying.
    +2
    Gift
    what? no, i totalllyyyyy do all my schoolwork
    Gift
    aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now
    +1
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    That's right @Julie_Pilgrim
    +2
    Gift
    are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop
    Gift
  • Chaosta @ Chaosta:
    considering theres people out there who pay to watch anime. yeah.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    If your job involves Photoshop, $20 is not much.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    YEET
    Gift
    Veho @ Veho: YEET