OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm currently exploring ways to gain access to my old Amiga software. Games are taking a backseat here though, as primarily I want to a way to run music software like OctaMED, Dr T's KCS, and Bars and Pipes. I still have an Amiga 1200 in good working condition, and could use that, but the necessity of using a special monitor, and the difficulty of things like file transfer and internet/networking ability have led me to look down different paths.

I've heard very good things about MorphOS, and I really like being able to bring my tiny Mac Mini back into productive service, so I'm wondering if anyone is using this productively and has any suggestions for easing me into this. I've already wiped my Mini and installed the "demo" which lasts for 30 minutes at a time. The OS is a bit on the expensive side (around US $150.00) and that'd be hard to drop if it's not a ringer for my needs.

So, any users with impressions? I'm honestly not expecting too much, but you guys have surprised me before, and as I understand it, there's still a semi-active Amiga base in the UK and Germany. So I thought I'd throw a line out and see.

trott3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant say i have used those music programs on my mac mini.
You will be better off asking at morphzone forum for answers to those questions.

All i can say is MOS is a nice system to use and pretty easy to setup dual booting with tiger mac os

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm doing a bit of lurking on a couple of forums. Afraid I still haven't gotten past the basics, as I got stuck trying to get online with it. WiFi is a no go, and the gaming adapter I've been trying to use is utter crap.. so looks like a need to buy a run of cat5 cable. So far I'm very impressed with the responsiveness of the system, and it feels good to get back to the Amiga paradigm again, even though I've forgotten a lot of stuff. I'm still not sure if I'll be purchasing or not, but hey, when you can boot up in 15 seconds, rebooting after 30 minutes ain't so big a deal.

The music stuff would be nice to be able to run on it, but I've been coming across some good resources for Amiga upgrades, and I may just see what I can do with this 1200 after all.

Thanks for the response trott3r.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1