More than 30 US TV shows have been cancelled!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Community's clearly the biggest loss here, although I'd have liked to see more of Almost Human - it was a decent show in its own right and they were clearly setting up something bigger; they just never had a chance to go anywhere with it.

Beyond that, there's nothing here that truly deserved to stay on the air. I saw a couple episodes of Surviving Jack, and it was probably the least terrible of the bunch, but not so much that it needed more air time.

Hasn't Bad Teacher only been on the air for a couple weeks? That's hilarious (because the show wasn't).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As for shows I saw the Intelligence show though I still have to finish it, I saw the Mind Games show and still have to finish it (though that seems more out of some sense of obligation) and I did used to watch Nikita but have not seen it in years at this point.

When was the last time you came back home, took your shoes off, sat down and thought to yourself "I'm going to watch TV now"?

Foxi4 clearly does not have discovery channel. This is not a bad thing though as I am pretty sure it is worth than [good sequel to childhood favourite game] for killing time.

Anyway the TV model may be dying but serialised stories and in depth looks on a subject spread across several delineated video sections is anything but dying. Indeed it makes about as much sense to me as saying film is dying because cinemas are and people are doing on demand and (straight to) DVD. Granted films and movies are more adaptable terms.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Community's clearly the biggest loss here, although I'd have liked to see more of Almost Human - it was a decent show in its own right and they were clearly setting up something bigger; they just never had a chance to go anywhere with it.

Beyond that, there's nothing here that truly deserved to stay on the air. I saw a couple episodes of Surviving Jack, and it was probably the least terrible of the bunch, but not so much that it needed more air time.

Hasn't Bad Teacher only been on the air for a couple weeks? That's hilarious (because the show wasn't).

I think bad teacher only has been on for like 2-3 weeks but i'm sure everyone saw it coming...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i hope theres going to be a community movie at least. too bad they never made it to season six though..

i didnt watch much suborgatory, but it was nice to watch at least. sad its going. it had a slight pushing daisies vibe that i enjoyed.

not surprised about bad teacher at all. dumb movie, dumb series.

even less about the supernatural thing. that 'pilot' episode was about the most boring episode in a really long time.

biggest loss is probably almost human though .(

as for the death of tv. i think thats overdoing it. people watch tv all the time, they just watch more of it online and without ads. sadly, ads pay for the good tv shows. and the channel owners feel like their business model is breaking apart. so they go and make their stuff less expensive to produce and they pretty much cancel old shows and bring in new ones every season just to catch that slow early high of pilot episodes.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I watched TV was yesterday because of that odd eurovision eurofestival 2014 (by the way, Poland should've won, damnit). But if my brother didn't tell me "bro, let's zap through channels and make fun of telemarketing" I'd have never discovered it. Last time I watched something on TV because I wanted to was 7 years ago.
I have the power. Thanks to the internet I can watch whatever I want to watch that moment. I don't need a static box anymore.
similarily to the radio which these days is most often used by drivers for background noise.
Eh, I don't know. With the explosion of web radios and podcasts it's still widely used. I often listen to an italian talkshow that's aired everyday.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the worst when the same commercials are re-ran on different commercial breaks during the exact same show - that upsets me about television whenever I do watch it. I know about your bloody toothpaste, I don't care, can I please skip this? It's as if they want everyone to buy DVR's, watch television with a 1 hour delay and fast forward past all commercials.

that's exactly what the advertisers had in mind....running it once will make it forgettable right?....playing it over. and over. and over and over until you can't get the name out of your head (especially when you're shopping!) is what they want. Pretty much a benign version of mind control. Head-on! apply directly to the foreh-- goddamnit.

and thank god the crazy ones got the axe....they portrayed SMG as a controlling cunt and Robin as a submissive dumbass. no thank you and goodbye, we don't need any more de-masculinity and pussificiation of men than what the media craps out already. As quoting from the genius comic George Carlin "i'm so fuckin' tired of seeing the 'pussificcation' of men in the media"

also: I agree with the majority here...the media over-obsession with the reality TV genere (almost every goddamn network has more than one) is a cancer to society's intelligence. "i'm going to waste my life and not become successful because i'm too busy watching someone ELSE's life who is already or is on the road to becoming successful. I also should drive like an cunt and an asshole after getting out at 5:00 because I can't miss it!" absolutely stupid..don't those people know it's scripted for ratings?

oh, I'm also for one that TLC should be FORCED to change their name because the shit they show is NOT LEARNING. (not anymore)

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only one that surprised me was Community, primarily because I doubted it was going to live past season four. Season five was a great present that was produced against all odds.
Everything else was terrible in its own special way. Michael J. Fox is a great man but the show was dishwater dull. Dads was everything terrible about tv in a 30 minute serving. Revolution was so far up its own ass that it'll be a guest star on SVU next year. And Super Fun Night just took anything good Rebel Wilson tried to create and buried it under cheap geek and fat jokes (and I'm sick of her fat activism anyways).
Here's to the culling, and hope for a better tomorrow.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Least Mentalist is still airing.
Even tho I have no idea where they're going with the show anymore? Romance between Jane and Lisbon?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only show I watched on that list was Believe. I haven't watched much tv in the past, except for every episode of The Walking Dead, I started watching more tv this season. Currently I watch (when they're on) The Walking Dead, Believe, Resurrection, Sleepy Hollow, and American Horror Story. There are some shows I would like to catchup on or even start watching but can't find the time.

The Wii U made an appearance in the second or third episode (can't remember which episode) of Believe.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think bad teacher only has been on for like 2-3 weeks but i'm sure everyone saw it coming...

Yeah, I was watching it since the pilot episode and it was easy to predict it'd be cancelled.

Maybe TV shows are canceling 'cause the numbers are moving to "piracy" and their TV watching numbers are going down...

They expected the viewer ratings to be a lot higher and since it weren't they got cancelled.

Using piracy as an excuse is bullshit.

Why? Because it sucked?

It was something about a deal that went wrong and so it got cancelled.

Plus, the Dracula series didn't have him...

oZzZQgW.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr