• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

More Shops opens on 14.04.2020 - Maybe the Economy puts Pressure on it ?

D

Deleted User

It could just be that people are tired of being trapped inside, here in the US there's been a big push to give multiple governors the boot (Including California's Gavin Newsom) for not alleviating the lockdown at all. The Hikikomori Lifestyle isn't for everyone, and 6-7 months is way too long to spend stuck on your rear at home when your usual schedule is shower, work, gym, friends, family, sleep repeat. .

Reactions: Alexander1970

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
No, it couldnt be that, because none of those decisions is informed, by what everyday people want. But by whats 'needed' or not. (Whats needed is to be disputed by scientific and political parties involved.. ;) )

No one goes by public polls on this one.. ;) (As long as there arent open revolts in the streets.)

The WHO comment quoted, raised the issue, that in third world economies, people would literally die, because of the economies in those countries tanking (some of which have tried to mirror EU measures), if you cant get aid financing increased - with the efforts there currently looking bleak. Thats the context behind - "governments, dont make curfews your primary approach to deal with the COVID crisis". People dying from hunger.

Maybe the dying from hunger lifestyle isnt for everyone? ;) Issue: It doesnt inform political decision making on this, so the WHO has to speak out and give a warning.

Last edited by notimp,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
THUMBNAIL_1-x_75_398.jpg

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Jojo, schau in die Krone.. ;) (derogatory comment on a specific yellow press paper. ;)) (DW piece outlines the german trajectory.)

Also - people looking at graphs:
Fb28oog.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

We know, we know... ;)

Impact on death figures would be seen in four weeks. Impact on hospitalization rate I havent seen for germany... (would potentially give you that answer earlier.)

edit: Meaning, the IT IS SERIOUS! Headline is directed at people to change their behavior, if possible. Calling out one Salzburgian province, serves the same purpose. Anything not to have a full lockdown again... :)

edit2: Meanwhile in Sweden:
WTNHfXI.png

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

-Snip for great justice-
Sweden didn't really lock down in the first place, which means the spike in cases is probably due to external influences. The virus' greatest adversary is sunlight and heat. Could it be the reduced exposure in fall and winter seasons increasing it's spread opportunities?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Sweden didn't really lock down in the first place, which means the spike in cases is probably due to external influences. The virus' greatest adversary is sunlight and heat. Could it be the reduced exposure in fall and winter seasons increasing it's spread opportunities?
Absolutely. :) Sweden is 'the control' in this comparison. :) (Sweden is also 'the control' in the the 'do school closings work' case - because they were pretty much the only western country not to close schools during the epidemic.)

Here - watch this:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Absolutely. :) Sweden is 'the control' in this comparison. :) (Sweden is also 'the control' in the the 'do school closings work' case - because they were pretty much the only western country not to close schools during the epidemic.)

Here - watch this:

Sweden is also one of the few Countries which was getting sued of an Pandemic/Epidemic/Virus.:evil:

Jojo, schau in die Krone.. ;) (derogatory comment on a specific yellow press paper. ;)) (DW piece outlines the german trajectory.)

Also - people looking at graphs:
Fb28oog.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/germany/

We know, we know... ;)

Impact on death figures would be seen in four weeks. Impact on hospitalization rate I havent seen for germany... (would potentially give you that answer earlier.)

edit: Meaning, the IT IS SERIOUS! Headline is directed at people to change their behavior, if possible. Calling out one Salzburgian province, serves the same purpose. Anything not to have a full lockdown again... :)

edit2: Meanwhile in Sweden:
WTNHfXI.png

It shows,how "controlling" the Print Media(s) are in Austria.
Spreading Panic.....and now we all have a wonderful Weekend,because the People now have to "fear" whatever comes in the next 24 Hours....:)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Well, this is supposed to be a coordinated effort, to tell people that winter is coming. ;)
https://www.derstandard.at/story/20...e-bevoelkerung-soziale-kontakte-zu-reduzieren

So first Schramböck hints at another shutdown being possible, then Bürger cant keep his mouth shut on preparation/rumors, then there is a curfew enacted in one salzburgian province ('dont be like them!') then the Krone has the 'shocker' Cover, then Kurz speaks to the public, in all sincerity.

As much as this feels artificial, it might - or might not be. Also it serves a purpose. Every one acting does so in the interest of the public. Arguably. Except maybe Bürger.

Also, remember that I'm a cynic when it comes to those kinds of proceedings, so you probably should be very afraid. ;) *jk* But at least concerned would not hurt - I guess is the message here.. ;)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The good old:

Telegraph to the Family - "Be concerned - letter will follow."

:rofl2:

https://www.derstandard.at/story/2000120857650/corona-geschwurbel?ref=rec

:yay:

In the meantime an event ban has been imposed on the Tennengau because of a wedding cluster; No Turkish wedding this time, but that wasn't mentioned. Then it was said that the federal government was "discussing additional measures" - tightening the mask requirement. Since the Chancellor had just spoken of a "second wave" in one of his favorite riot newspapers, this leads to the conclusion that Turquoise wants tougher measures, but Green is still slowing down.:rofl2:

Sorry,I also can no longer take this Political "Geschwurbel" serious.....:D

@notimp
By the Way,I am always grateful and appreciate your Links,my Friend.
Awesome.:yay:

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Its nothing, I read news, I remember some of the stories I read, I link them.

Debates on Trump are much harder... ;) (There I have to do actual research to find out what 'the other side' is promoting.. ;) )

Vovajka

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Where I live I haven't seen a single person wearing a mask except for doctors and hospital staff since the beginning of the year.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Where I live I haven't seen a single person wearing a mask except for doctors and hospital staff since the beginning of the year.
Thats a reality check...

Only solace I can give is, that you are a pretty 'young' nation population wise... edit: strike that misread the graph. Sorry about that. edit: put it in a spoiler tag, not to lead with nonsense.

m1MQqs3.png

(left: male / right: female)

Any other 'issued' social measures (limits on public gatherings, stuff like that?).

edit: In the ECDC scheme you are listed as pretty affected:
https://vis.csh.ac.at/corona-traffic-light/world/#

edit2: That not effective?
The changes also affect the Criminal Code of Ukraine. It is supposed to introduce administrative responsibility for the unauthorized abandonment of the place of observation or quarantine by a person who may be infected with a coronavirus, as well as increasing criminal liability for violation of sanitary rules and norms for the prevention of infectious diseases. Establishment of administrative responsibility for non-disclosure of information on public procurements carried out under this law.

Article 325 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine is interpreted in such a way that a penalty of 1,000 to 3,000 tax-free minimum incomes of citizens will be imposed for violation of the rules and norms established with the aim of preventing epidemic and infectious diseases, as well as mass non-communicable diseases, arrest for a period of six months, restriction or imprisonment for three years, if such actions led or could lead to the spread of the disease. COVID-19 coronavirus will be added to the list of such diseases.
https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insigh...nstitution-measures-in-response-to-covid.html

Supply side issue on masks? Even home made ones? Whats the driver - do you know? (Social norms never established? Or other ones?)

edit: Rules that make masks and disinfectants mandatory are in place - but probably not enforced everywhere..
https://globalcompliancenews.com/uk...ne-has-been-extended-and-reinforced-20200420/

edit2: Have sourced the on the ground rules for the Ukraine. https://www.kmu.gov.ua/en/news/z-1-serpnya-pochinayut-diyati-novi-pravila-adaptivnogo-karantinu
In green zones masks are supposed to be used in public buildings... *cough* But not in public.

edit: Here is some good news: On death per mil Ukraine is next to germany and not that much higher than Austria. about 125 vs 100. :) (According to official statistics. :) )

And here is the other good news:
Population density: Germany: 240 per km2, Austria 110 per km2, Ukraine 75 per km2. And we are low level bitching, that Austria overdid the intensity of the measures at the start of the pandemic. :)

US is 36 per km2 but that doesnt count, because its a continent with "nothing" in the middle.. ;) (overexaggerating) -- looking at that leaves me with appreciation for what republicans in the US actually are doing. Because population density in NY is about 10.000 per km2.

(Berlin: 4000 per km2, Vienna 4500 per km2, Kiev 3300 per km2)

Last edited by notimp,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We have here actual a very "annoying" Situation for our Country/People in Austria.

Our "Gouverment" discusses a "Private Controls" Measure.
This means,if an excessive/sprawling private "Garden or Cellar Party" takes place,the Executive should dissolves this "Event".

And of course,now a Disscussion is on fire for invasion of privacy,totalitarian surveillance State and so on bla,bla....

Instead of seeing this soberly and enlightened,the political Parties have nothing more to do than arguing back and forth and blaming each other...to get an "reasonable" Solution before the Lockdown happens again..
(Our Gouverment no longer gives any Information on this Topic,but the Damocles Sword hangs threateningly "very low" over our heads again..)

Around 2 Weeks ago we were told "The Capacities of the Hospital beds are LONG not reached ..."
Last Saturday it was said that "Emergency Beds" will soon be needed ... the same Nonsense happens again as in February, as we were told "everything is under control" and something like a "Pandemic" could not happen in Austria .... (I could bite my butt because I didn't download the ORF Reports from the ORF TVthek at the Time ...)

As maybe,many People maybe noticed,the last Week clearly shows:
Many from the Austrian Citizens can not handle personal responsibility,too much "freedom" and self-decisions....
You have to tell "them what they have to do".....
No matter whether there are the so-called "Smartphone Zombies" or walking,empty Human Shells without self-confidence...

We have now near November..9 Months later and it seems,we maybe have nothing learned..maybe.......

It is really,really sad......and that was felt everywhere today......

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We shut down over something with a 99.8% overall death rate and that was a mistake. We need to drop all of these stupid restrictions and get back to working, eating and entertaining ourselves. The virus isn't going away nor are you likely to even get a headache if you catch it let alone die from it.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Last edited by notimp,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Oh and by the Way.
The Covid "Traffic Light" is in the Meantime,of course,RED on the whole Country.....of course.....
5 Weeks needed...a very impressive Achievement for this small Country.

And it opens,of course,the Way for...."further progressive" Solutions/Actions/Restrictions.....

Thank you,Austria.:)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
But the Schools/education sector traffic light is yellow and... *I dont wanna deal with this sort of baby babble**entirely emotionally speaking*.

Another anti curfew portesters demo in Vienna is inbound, and the police and the city are arguing over who should ban it. Daily new case rate is near 6000, government is rumored to announce 'restrictions' but today both derstandard and diepresse talked about lockdowns being inbound.

Looking at the infection curve, and the reactions of other european countries, its understandable... We've to wait and see at this point.

Last edited by notimp,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
But the Schools/education sector traffic light is yellow and... *I dont wanna deal with this sort of baby babble**entirely emotionally speaking*.

Another anti curfew portesters demo in Vienna is inbound, and the police and the city are arguing over who should ban it. Daily new case rate is near 6000, government is rumored to announce 'restrictions' but today both derstandard and diepresse talked about lockdowns being inbound.

Looking at the infection curve, and the reactions of other european countries, its understandable... We've to wait and see at this point.

https://orf.at/stories/3187362/

Nothing more to say......

Reactions: notimp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I guess Ancientboi would be Peter