More problems redeeming US Nintendo points card in Europe...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Arm73, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Arm73
    OP

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Hi you all.
    I'm in a sort of weird situation, and I can't find a clear answer.

First of all, I have a modded NTSC Wii (4.2U ) and according to Modmii and syscheck it has all the latest and greatest cios and Wii shop channel.

Last year I moved from the States to Europe ( currently in Switzerland ) and obviously I took my NTSC Wii with me.
    I knew it was going to work fine because I took it several times on vacation and it never failed me.
    I only had to switch the US power adapter with an European one ( stolen from my nephew, he ditched the Wii years ago in favor of a 360 ! ) and keep on using my component cables and everything is OK.

I was also able to use the US shop channel while here, in fact I had some left over points and I purchased some Rock band songs with it and it went fine.

Now to the problem:
    I ran out of points, and and I'm trying to redeem and old Nintendo Points Card ( also purchased in the States.
    I tried several times,the Wii points are correct and valid because after entering the numbers I get a displayed value of 2000 points,but I always get this:

I tried calling that number, but my cell phone wouldn't let me connect to a US 1-800 number.
    I'm using a proxy server so that I can watch Netflix US, but disabling the proxy server didn't help.
    Also I tried to display my purchased titles history ( it used to work before ), but I got an other warning screen about the nintendo servers being inaccessible or something.

I'm at a loss here because I don't know whether it's an issue of my Wii being hacked or out of it's region.
    Any help would be really appreciated, I found out that there is some dude on Rockband (Jerry Naylor) that does rockabilly music ( kind of like Elvis ) and I need to download more songs !!!

2. Arm73
    OP

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Sorry to bump this but I need help !

I'm in the process to change my Wii region to PAL using modmii Region change + Guide option.
    Maybe I'll be able to add point to my account this way.
    I downloaded all the necessary files but there are a couple of things I'm not sure about:

Will I lose my save files ?
    Will I be able to play my VC and WW games that I previously installed with a WAD manager and moved to the SD card ?

I don't care about losing a few titles that I legally downloaded off the US Wii shop channel, I just want to be able to add points to my account so that I can purchase more RB songs.

Is it region change the smart thing to do in this case ?