More PASBR characters leak via the official site

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A soon taken down update to the official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale site has leaked a few new characters for the game, confirming a few previously rumored characters.

The update accidentally added images (viewable below) for pre-ordering the game. The images featured Sackboy, the mascot of Sony's recent creativity-based platformer (and now kart racing) franchise LittleBigPlanet. The other shows Metal Gear Solid's own Raiden in full cyborg ninja gear, preparing for "the ultimate battle" with inFamous' Cole McGrath. Whether that "ultimate battle" is sharing a passionate slowdance is still up for debate.

Another image, featuring a large cast of characters in the background, has led to much speculation on the behalf of fans. NeoGAF user Ryce has found that many of the images in the background match up with images of Kazuya (Tekken), Jin (Tekken), and Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden). Other fans have spotted what appears to be Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank) and Nariko (Heavenly Sword).

A previous leak was confirmed by developers SuperBot, featuring many of the characters above such as Sackboy, Raiden, Ratchet and Clank, and Nariko. However, SuperBot went on to say that the leak was not indicative of the final product, meaning many changes, either in the characters or the leaked stages, have come.

Images for the leak:

hN2tv.jpg

F9gaw.jpg

zGKbd.jpg

:arrow: Source

YAY PASBR NEWS MORE BITCHING AND MOANING.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we need 3 Tekken characters? It seems to be a bit much.

Otherwise, interesting additions. The roster is shaping up nicely.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why not add a bunch of Tekken characters? I think they fit nicely into the game. Also, would be cool if they'd add soul calibur characters too.
But sack boy? I thought he was such an obvious character that I actually though i've seen him in the majority of the screen shots this far :P Well he was bound to be in this game!
Hmmm let's see... are there any more characters I can think of at this very moment? Some resistance characters perhaps? Since we have a helghast (or however it's spelled) from killzone. Maybe two sorts of characters, one "main character guy" and one "resistance-classic-alien-dude". I've only played the games a little bit so I don't know that much about them ;)

And on that cole vs raiden pic... raiden looks like a robot samurai. Isn't he just that, or am I mixing him up with another tekken character? Anyway, cole goes around sucking the electricity out of every piece of metal in the world (in the games), so he's just ought to suck it all out of raiden and win. by default. :D

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why not add a bunch of Tekken characters? I think they fit nicely into the game. Also, would be cool if they'd add soul calibur characters too.

I'd take the Soul Calibur cast over Tekken's any day of the week.

I'd take both! :D

However, Tekken is multiplatform nowadays. But it originated on PlayStation. Soul Calibur is multiplatform, but originated on Dreamcast (amirite?) so that may be some criteria they have on the multiplat-characters? Was bioshock available on PC and 360 at the same time as PS3? or was it exclusive for a while?

EDIT: A quick search on googiloogle showed me that it actually was released a year later on PS3, so there goes my theory out the window.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did see this
http://www.playstati...tion-all-stars/

tomba and crash may be in the game as well

Nice rumor but the general consensus seems to be that it's faked. The character art appears to be recycled from older images while all the other character images are original for the game. Plus it's a lot easier to fake an off-screen shot than an on-screen shot. Just take do some photoshopping and take a picture of it with a poor quality camera and it makes the details harder to see and it's a little harder to disprove.

EDIT: Also the poster created the account solely for posting that image/topic while other leaks have come from longtime users who have continually released correct leaks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night