Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
35LOQ.jpg

• There are now 30 frames per second, much better than the 15-24fps of the original N64 cartridge
  • The blurry pre-rendered bitmap Castletown is now a rendered environment. With several new remodelled building exteriors, but still maintains the old camera angle.
  • The water effects of Lake Hylia have been improved.
  • The fishing pond has been changed with more textures adding a more rocky appearance and a waterfall has been added.
  • The tree wall has been replaced by three dimensional trees.
  • All 2D backgrounds have been replaced by rendered 3D backdrops with greater detail.
  • When viewed from Hyrule Field, Death Mountain is no longer a 2D cardboard cutout but a 3D model.
  • Temple of Time interior has been remodelled including a visible ceiling.
  • The inventory is now kept on the touchscreen and items may be equipped by the X and Y buttons.
  • The ocarina is now permanently placed in an area on the lower left corner of the touchscreen.
  • Due to a lack of rumble feature the Stone of Agony now emits a sound instead of the old “rumble” of the N64 controller.
  • In game text and music have not changed from the original.
  • Master Quest is confirmed as a second quest that requires the player to complete the game first to unlock.

Source

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
We already knew most of this. And it's definetly not worth a news thread anyway.
But whatever. As I already said, it's nice that they worked around the rumble pack issue with the Stone of Agony.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Either the sound needs to be horribly annoying that it makes your ears bleed, or they need to change the name of the Stone of Agony to something else like Chiming Rock.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if this game had 0 updates and was a straight port I would buy it. The fact I can take it with me anywhere and play it on the go is the major selling point for me.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All new info to me. Awesome stuff. =) Although I don't want to beat the game to get to Master Quest. What ever, it's still cool.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As i've already beaten OoT, i'd like to go with master quest from the start... I got it with Wind Waker, but haven't had the time to go through it, but now with the 3DS I'd like to go through it one more time and it would've been awesome if it would be the master quest edition...

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its seems like revamped graphics all the way which is never a bad thing unless the camera is affected which here is not thankfully. I did not think the graphics were bad but dark for the N64 version.
but considering this game has 30 FPS, what would have happened if it were 60 FPS? would it have been difficult to play it? unlikely to me so why stop at 30 and not go for 60 from 24?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good to me. Not that I mind playing through the game to unlock Master Quest (as I haven't played the title in a long, long time), but I was hoping MQ would be playable from the beginning. Not a big deal at all, though - I'll still get it at launch.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
Man, That ultra blocky monster in front of link looks almost the same as the first G-Darius boss...

gdarius8.png

Sadly, this boss looks a bit more detailed...
I can tell you haven't ever played much Ocarina of Time. That isn't a boss or any sort of enemy and it has a lot more detail on the N64 and 3DS version than whats on that screenshot.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/19/the-l...llenge-feature/

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Has A New Boss Challenge Feature

QUOTE said:
The “Master Quest” version of the game isn’t the only extra being added to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Nintendo are also adding a Boss Challenge feature and a Super Guide-like feature to the game.

The Boss Challenge feature will be available to players who “reach a certain point in the game,” following which you’ll be able to face any of the previous bosses again, or even fight them one-by-one in a continuous battle.

Meanwhile, Nintendo are also implementing a Super Guide-like feature in the game. This feature takes the form of bite-sized in-game videos that offer hints on how to solve puzzles for players that aren’t familiar with the Zelda games.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will release on 19th in the U.S. Europe will get the game two days earlier on June 17th.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
The “Master Quest” version of the game isn’t the only extra being added to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Nintendo are also adding a Boss Challenge feature and a Super Guide-like feature to the game.

The Boss Challenge feature will be available to players who “reach a certain point in the game,” following which you’ll be able to face any of the previous bosses again, or even fight them one-by-one in a continuous battle.

Meanwhile, Nintendo are also implementing a Super Guide-like feature in the game. This feature takes the form of bite-sized in-game videos that offer hints on how to solve puzzles for players that aren’t familiar with the Zelda games.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will release on 19th in the U.S. Europe will get the game two days earlier on June 17th.

MUST...BUY...ZELDA OOT 3D!!!

now I won't get stuck again in the water temple... even though I already beat the game over 20 times, I still can't easily do the water temple.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requires you to beat the first quest to unlock master quest....Nintendo you just cancelled my desire to preorder of the game. Because of the horrible timing issues on the promotional disc, I never gotten past human Ganon's energy balls of cheapness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM