More Nintendo Mobile Apps to include Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Predictions:

- Animal Crossing will be crammed with micro-transactions to unlock every tiny little thing. Every shop, every item in them, every house upgrade will be a little extra until you end up paying about £200 for the same experience you can get on 3DS for about £20.

- Fire Emblem will have weapons cost real money, then weapon degredation will get taken to stupid levels so you have to buy everyone new weapons every mission or two or go into every fight unarmed and risk getting everyone killed. Dead units can be revived for a fee so the rich kids don't need any tactical ability, they can just buy their way to the win.

- The inevitable Mario game will charge you for the ability to collect power-ups. Pay the fee or go through the entire game with no mushrooms, etc. Then the game gets impossible around world 5 with a fuck-tonne of hammer brothers so either you need godly uber-skills or you have to pay up.

- Zelda will charge you for small keys, so you can explore the world and find the dungeons but can't do anything until you pay.

- Metroid will charge you for missile refills, then make every boss immune to everything but missiles.

- F-Zero will give you the first GP as a trial then charge you for every track, racer and custom part.

- Starfox will charge you for keys to unlock extra paths on the map and weapon upgrades.

And pretty much every gamer worth his salt will tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves 'cause this will likely be the tipping point where the greed is too much for us to just ignore any more.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Predictions:

- Animal Crossing will be crammed with micro-transactions to unlock every tiny little thing. Every shop, every item in them, every house upgrade will be a little extra until you end up paying about £200 for the same experience you can get on 3DS for about £20.

- Fire Emblem will have weapons cost real money, then weapon degredation will get taken to stupid levels so you have to buy everyone new weapons every mission or two or go into every fight unarmed and risk getting everyone killed. Dead units can be revived for a fee so the rich kids don't need any tactical ability, they can just buy their way to the win.

- The inevitable Mario game will charge you for the ability to collect power-ups. Pay the fee or go through the entire game with no mushrooms, etc. Then the game gets impossible around world 5 with a fuck-tonne of hammer brothers so either you need godly uber-skills or you have to pay up.

- Zelda will charge you for small keys, so you can explore the world and find the dungeons but can't do anything until you pay.

- Metroid will charge you for missile refills, then make every boss immune to everything but missiles.

- F-Zero will give you the first GP as a trial then charge you for every track, racer and custom part.

- Starfox will charge you for keys to unlock extra paths on the map and weapon upgrades.

And pretty much every gamer worth his salt will tell Nintendo to go fuck themselves 'cause this will likely be the tipping point where the greed is too much for us to just ignore any more.
Are you joshing me? The Nintendo fanbase wouldn't detect intentions of greed even if Scrooge McDuck was their CEO - we're talking about the people who "upgrade" their systems every 2 years and buy the same games over and over, deluding themselves into thinking that they're new and innovative (NSMB, Pokemon, Mario Kart, Smash), they'll lap all of this up and they'll be happy that it was "free to play", my naive padawan.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Predictions:

alternative:
animal crossing puzzle league
fire emblem crush saga
zelda wack-a-pot
F-Zero infinite runner
starfox shuffle

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
alternative:
animal crossing puzzle league
fire emblem crush saga
zelda wack-a-pot
F-Zero infinite runner
starfox shuffle
The F-Zero infinite runner is a good idea that makes sense and could be successful with the right framing (see: Sonic Dash), so it won't happen - it's all going to be shlock, but I cling to hope that it won't.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If this is like a full on Animal Crossing game. I will never leave my phone. Why Nintendo.
People often forget that Nintendo's products are aimed at the Japanese audience and merely appropriated for western audiences, at least most of the time, and the Japanese are married to their phones, which is reflected by the massive influx of mobile gaming in the region. It's a good joke - "ha ha, I'll never put my phone down", but that's the actual point of this - the Japanese audience put dedicated consoles aside and focuses on phones, and it's a smart move to capitalize on that. It sounds cynical, but it's true, they want you addicted, they want to create the next Farmville, and that's fine in the context of mobile gaming.

Reactions: nxwing

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People often forget that Nintendo's products are aimed at the Japanese audience and merely appropriated for western audiences, at least most of the time, and the Japanese are married to their phones, which is reflected by the massive influx of mobile gaming in the region. It's a good joke - "ha ha, I'll never put my phone down", but that's the actual point of this - the Japanese audience put dedicated consoles aside and focuses on phones, and it's a smart move to capitalize on that. It sounds cynical, but it's true, they want you addicted, they want to create the next Farmville, and that's fine in the context of mobile gaming.
merely appropriated more like censored to the point where people refuse to buy the game. I also wasn't joking. I probably won't put my phone down. Dude this is animal crossing we're talking about xD I men I have put many many hours into it on my 3DS then I bricked it. Which is why I am not playing it any more. However if it comes out on mobile then I will start playing it. Unless it's like that shitty mario party scam they pulled.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait, aren't westerns also almost married to their phones?
I thought that was more like a global thing. At least I see that everyday on the streets of... well... every place where I've lived (all of them very western).

Reactions: dimmidice

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
animal crossing photo app
fire emblem love tester

seriously its not going to be actual games. or they would've called them actual games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I attribute this to myself - I did this. The proof is in the pudding:

You think that bitching and complaining on the Internet means nothing, but it does matter - companies have whole departments dedicated to combing social media and forums for opinions, and this is the result. Both franchises are *ripe* with opportunities and they're the perfect format for touchscreen controls - smartphones are the perfect platform for both. Good for you, Nintendo - now don't f*ck this up. Less Miitomo and more actual games, please.

but they're also aware of vocal minorities that would have them waste money on another terribly selling fzero or classic resident evil

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Predictions:

only that none of this will happen and you're basing your predictions on the contents of your ass

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bronze Sword is broken! Want to buy another one right now or wait another hour.

No more energy left to use tools, buy more energy or wait another hour.

Reactions: Deleted User

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
merely appropriated more like censored to the point where people refuse to buy the game. I also wasn't joking. I probably won't put my phone down. Dude this is animal crossing we're talking about xD I men I have put many many hours into it on my 3DS then I bricked it. Which is why I am not playing it any more. However if it comes out on mobile then I will start playing it. Unless it's like that shitty mario party scam they pulled.
because they whine about every little bit of bs. oh they censored cause they made the pants two inches longer! oh they took out my ability to rub the screen like a retard for 2 minutes over and over.
oh they renamed that class, i'm not buying that (they're downloading it anyways)

the only bad thing they did in recent times was taking out certain endings from bravely second few people will really care about.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Clash of Emblem. Please no.
Anna would be very happy doing bussiness.
taDazzJ.jpg

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait, aren't westerns also almost married to their phones?
I thought that was more like a global thing. At least I see that everyday on the streets of... well... every place where I've lived (all of them very western).
There's really no comparison as far as the attachment rate is concerned - around here it's only starting, in Japan the phenomenon had a few decades to develop. I remember slews of themed SEGA games that never saw the light of day in the west that were out in Japan back when everyone carried Nokias - their mobile gaming industry is vastly larger in size, and with size comes money.

EDIT: Ah, there it is - Sonic Cafe was the name of the service. SEGA ahead of its time to its own detriment once again - the ideas were there, the technology was not.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Cafe
but they're also aware of vocal minorities that would have them waste money on another terribly selling fzero or classic resident evil
You say that in the age of HD remakes? Don't be silly. The Resident Evil Origins Collection literally just came out.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's really no comparison as far as the attachment rate is concerned - around here it's only starting, in Japan the phenomenon had a few decades to develop. I remember slews of themed SEGA games that never saw the light of day in the west that were out in Japan back when everyone carried Nokias - their mobile gaming industry is vastly larger in size, and with size comes money.

EDIT: Ah, there it is - Sonic Cafe was the name of the service. SEGA ahead of its time to its own detriment once again - the ideas were there, the technology was not.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Cafe
You say that in the age of HD remakes? Don't be silly. The Resident Evil Origins Collection literally just came out.

they could make remakes of the first games with their eyes closed at this point. making a new game in the series, or any tank control survival horror in general, is a lot more expensive.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
they could make remakes of the first games with their eyes closed at this point. making a new game in the series, or any tank control survival horror in general, is a lot more expensive.
Tank controls are not "classic Resident Evil", they're a terrible and obsolete control scheme that sucked even when it was brand new and existed only due to technical and design limitations, they were a necessary evil that nobody liked or wanted. You don't need them to make a classic-e RE, as shown by the Revelations series which admittedly doesn't reach the heights of the originals, but mostly due to budgetary reasons more than anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea