More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. shano

shano GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Australia
    And then Nintendo fixes the exploit when they drop the Pro model.

Baoulettes and mathew77 like this.
  2. DuoForce
    This message by DuoForce has been removed from public view by linuxares, Nov 9, 2019, Reason: stop being a biggot.
    Nov 9, 2019
  3. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    All they showed this person was their old modchip on an old Switch.

ghjfdtg likes this.
  4. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    This isn't really correct. Assuming theyre real, it's just as easy to run Atmosphere if I'm not mistaken, so it wouldn't be SX exclusive.

Glitching attacks to my knowledge aren't really exploits, as much as they are screwing with the board in a certain way to bypass security.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Honestly, with the evidence shown, there's no certainty if they did or didn't use their old chip. They probably are trying to get their chip working with Mariko units.

5. Zkajavier

Zkajavier Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    Costa Rica
    Well thank you, looking forward to it.

Can't wait to get reversenx working on my lite.

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I would be very happy and contented for the time being if TX fixed the linked Nintendo Account issue on two Switch’s and released a new revision of sxos so at the least I can use my legit xci backups again online! Is that too much to ask? Because it’s becoming very annoying.. and I know lots of others are in the same situation there Switch’s are just redundant. There is no way around the issue especially if you have a live Nintendo online subscription & lots of paid eshop titles so you’re not going to setup a new account just to fix the issue.

Last edited by Reecey, Nov 9, 2019
  7. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    There is no reliable evidence Nintendo is working on the Pro. If anything, Mariko is the Pro.

stephrk398 likes this.
  8. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I won't lie if this is real. I will get a Pro model no questions asked.

9. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    What ? if this is real it will run only sxos if it runs cfw.. at least it will not run atmosphere oficially as that would be piracy xD

10. sbaq

sbaq Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Remember, SX OS Pro was announced, and it took nearly 3 months till it was shiped.... So Maybe xMas or january.
    and ithnik it will be 2 different chios because of the size. I thnik normal switch has more room for a chip an easier to install.
    And the Lite is smaller less room.... so maybe thats why they have 2 different chips?!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

11. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    the best thing of this is that being paid is justified

12. bluesn00w

bluesn00w Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2019
    United States
    not always..

13. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    I think that more than likely this is just another attempt by TX to get others to play their hands. This worked for them on 7.x when they spread a rumor they were nearing completion of a workaround for the the new bootloader process, which forced a premature atmos release that wasn't as stable as the team/community liked. This played right into their hands as it gave them the source they needed to add 7.0 support to their product. Then, even after given the answers with likely little progress in-house, it *still* took them a month (or more?) to push out a stable version of the sept implementation into the tx boot.dat

My guess is this is just another attempt to get atmos to publish private progress faster.

I do agree with you that they likely have the chip working on classic, but not mariko units. This would explain why there was no timeline given - They know they don't have it working and our guess is as good as theirs as to when they will figure it out.

14. legendheaven

legendheaven GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Turkey
    Do u believe me now?

Nezztor likes this.
  15. dpeter

dpeter Member

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2019
    Brazil
    You should've asked for 5 car price

Baoulettes likes this.
  16. legendheaven

legendheaven GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Turkey
    This is fine

17. Skirlez

Skirlez GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2018
    Israel
    What? no! You're a troll. This isn't your exploit, you never found one. Also, this is a modchip, not the mess that was your exploit. It was first an RCM exploit, then a save exploit, but this is a modchip.
    Stop already.

18. Akuseru06

Akuseru06 Developer

Jan 8, 2018
    Romania
    They don't show proof but they always do it
    TX is cool
    Btw nice classic nx scene memes in this thread

Baoulettes likes this.
  19. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    What do you mean unreliable? I don't understand this as you have no idea how it works yet.

Switch_Maniac likes this.
  20. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Look further down the article, they seem to use "classic" as form factor as they explicitly include mariko and ipatched units. Its meant to distinguish versus the lite.

That said its also not clear that the demo'd switch was mariko or ipatched.

21. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2009
    United States
    If they actually have a real exploit i'll be surprised. Even more surprised for a ol fashion modchip coming out in 2019-2020.

But i do want it to be true. Would love to run homebrew on a switch lite.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted