More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    This explanation makes a lot of sense to me.
    Thank you for the insight :)

2. Karlingen

Karlingen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Germany
    On the website dgchips (dot) com, a "German" reseller (can't post a link, yet), they used this picture. Could this be the modchip or is this something else? Sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm not following the scene actively

Attached Files:

masbass likes this.
  3. masbass

masbass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2009
    Greece
    Athens
    Last edited by masbass, Nov 12, 2019
  4. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    Nope, thats a trinket m0. It's used if you dont wanna use a dongle everytime, but does the same as the dongle.

andyhappypants and Karlingen like this.
  5. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This claim is just as believable and well-evidenced as the original claim, so this should be added to the first post immediately @linuxares

ghjfdtg and g4jek8j54 like this.
  6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Sorry but no. If people want the device, they got to learn they got to stay on the version. Even if it will hurt them economically.

Victorzer and hippy dave like this.
  7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    There's quite a large and comprehensive list of "It won't and can't happen ever" homebrew things, from hackable Sega Saturn to proper homebrew on 3DS :D

Ammako likes this.
  8. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I can swear I seen that image of the trinket m0 before...

9. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    Found something on a french site where all the pics are included. They probably blurred it on purpose so that the serial number isn't readable ^^

http://www.logic-sunrise.com/images/news/1001016/

10. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
  11. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Good luck with the 2^256 bruteforce necessary to crack the RSA-2048 private key :)

12. Pipistrele

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    If there's anything homebrew community is good at, it's successfully coming up with alternative solutions for complicated tasks.

Ammako likes this.
  13. mixelpixx

mixelpixx GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x
    Marketing 101:

Drop hints/leaks (create/test sales potential)
    Release "some" info (bigfoot footage)
    Maximize/Leverage calendar - (ie, just before thanksgiving / xmas..)
    $Profit$

and if they are smart they are having part numbers sanded off after they are built.

ghjfdtg likes this.
  14. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    There’s only two ways to get the RSA private key:
    1. 2^256 (~115792089237316195423570985008687907853269984665640564039457584007913129639936) bruteforce
    2. break into Nintendo and steal it
    Neither of those will happen.

15. Pipistrele

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    I'm implying that there may be just enough trickery to achieve the goal by working around the "key getting" process - something not that uncommon for the scene.

Ammako and HiD like this.
  16. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Anyone from the old DirecTV hacking days is snickering right about now knowing option 2 has a variant.

mixelpixx likes this.
  17. ZachyCatGames

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    The key is locked up in an HSM somewhere within Nintendo, that HSM being the only thing in the world to contain the key, not even higher up Nintendo employees have it.
    To steal the key one would have to break into Nintendo, get to the HSM without anybody noticing, and hack the HSM on their first try without it noticing (they have anti-tamper and will kill themselves if they detect anything funky)
    It’s not happening.

18. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    This was also said during the days of the H and HU cards. In particular, it was the external design team of the actual hardware that leaked the details of how to glitch it. I'm not saying that this is the case here - it's EXTREMELY unlikely to be leaked. I'm just making an amused snarky old-timer comment that there's always Option 2b: Someone stupid or disgruntled can leak it. Nothing more, nothing less, so don't think I'm disagreeing with you here.

peteruk and ZachyCatGames like this.
  19. jjkkkjk

jjkkkjk Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2019
    Austria
    Maybe they are taking preorders to lock people into purchasing an expensive product. The modchip might be released at 100$ and than you are thinking: "I already invested 1$, can't let it go wasted". Unless they have a refund policy for preorders.

20. Yamathedestroyer

Yamathedestroyer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    Germany
    Near your Car
    *Raiding Nintendo for Master-Key Facebook Event incoming*

But to be serious, I always expect nothing. Im perfectly fine with Fusee Gelee on my OG Switch and i would also be perfectly fine if it wouldnt be there. Homebrew is something i really like, and im also ready to do some stuff to get it, but i wont ask for any ETA on something that might not even exist. For me Homebrew is the Extra Cherry on TOp of the Cake the Nintendo Switch is. CFW Wars is bullshit and everyone who thinks that Team Xecuter is an Holy untouchable Entity (These people exist for some Reason) is an Idiot in my Eyes. Tho everyone who feels the need to just Hate on SX and their Users just for the Sake of doing so (ANd oh boy there are a lots of these ppl's) isnt better either. In the end we should just wait and see what happens. If TX has something for Mariko we can be Happy and if they have nothing (Which is more likely in my oppinion) it wont be the end of the World either. Fanboy*ism is the cancer of Every scene and i cant stand it anymore.

So just chill down, drink an Cup of Tea and wait for the things to come. Everything else, including Hating each other is just Wasted Time in my Opinion

Last edited by Yamathedestroyer, Nov 12, 2019
    ghjfdtg, snake2 and ZachyCatGames like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted