Status
Not open for further replies.

More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

ub3r1337's first impressions from a direct demo of TX upcoming new hardware mods!
SXMODS.png

ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch. :)

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon :) They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The way I see it TX did a heads up with their resellers to inform them of the upcoming solution without it being perfected so they can get ready. There was a leak by one such impatient reseller and now TX either has to show some ghetto / incomplete / buggy setup as proof or wait and drop a finished product. Maybe them showing us a preview would alert copycats (irony, I know) of some exploit that they could also get out to the market in the same time TX releases theirs? We can only speculate but this is how it looks to me: Something's close but we heard about it before we were meant to.

This explanation makes a lot of sense to me.
Thank you for the insight :)

Trophies
XP
On the website dgchips (dot) com, a "German" reseller (can't post a link, yet), they used this picture. Could this be the modchip or is this something else? Sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm not following the scene actively

Attachments

• cac51f5e-d6f3-4a9d-8a8e-b4d9a8f1ec15.jpg
    cac51f5e-d6f3-4a9d-8a8e-b4d9a8f1ec15.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 494
Reactions: masbass

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
On the website dgchips (dot) com, a "German" reseller (can't post a link, yet), they used this picture. Could this be the modchip or is this something else? Sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm not following the scene actively

Nope, thats a trinket m0. It's used if you dont wanna use a dongle everytime, but does the same as the dongle.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just as a it of a warning the method this uses is Firmware dependant so when its relased any new firmware won't work with it and here's the kicker they won't tell you at the moment if its installs and the switch is then updated the switch wont boot up so will be a brick.
I wonder why they have been economical with the truth ?
This claim is just as believable and well-evidenced as the original claim, so this should be added to the first post immediately @linuxares

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marketing 101:

Drop hints/leaks (create/test sales potential)
Release "some" info (bigfoot footage)
Maximize/Leverage calendar - (ie, just before thanksgiving / xmas..)
$Profit$

and if they are smart they are having part numbers sanded off after they are built.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there's anything homebrew community is good at, it's successfully coming up with alternative solutions for complicated tasks.
There’s only two ways to get the RSA private key:
1. 2^256 (~115792089237316195423570985008687907853269984665640564039457584007913129639936) bruteforce
2. break into Nintendo and steal it
Neither of those will happen.

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
1. 2^256 (~115792089237316195423570985008687907853269984665640564039457584007913129639936) bruteforce
I'm implying that there may be just enough trickery to achieve the goal by working around the "key getting" process - something not that uncommon for the scene.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone from the old DirecTV hacking days is snickering right about now knowing option 2 has a variant.
The key is locked up in an HSM somewhere within Nintendo, that HSM being the only thing in the world to contain the key, not even higher up Nintendo employees have it.
To steal the key one would have to break into Nintendo, get to the HSM without anybody noticing, and hack the HSM on their first try without it noticing (they have anti-tamper and will kill themselves if they detect anything funky)
It’s not happening.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The key is locked up in an HSM somewhere within Nintendo, that HSM being the only thing in the world to contain the key, not even higher up Nintendo employees have it.
This was also said during the days of the H and HU cards. In particular, it was the external design team of the actual hardware that leaked the details of how to glitch it. I'm not saying that this is the case here - it's EXTREMELY unlikely to be leaked. I'm just making an amused snarky old-timer comment that there's always Option 2b: Someone stupid or disgruntled can leak it. Nothing more, nothing less, so don't think I'm disagreeing with you here.

jjkkkjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Maybe they are taking preorders to lock people into purchasing an expensive product. The modchip might be released at 100$ and than you are thinking: "I already invested 1$, can't let it go wasted". Unless they have a refund policy for preorders.

Yamathedestroyer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

*Raiding Nintendo for Master-Key Facebook Event incoming*

But to be serious, I always expect nothing. Im perfectly fine with Fusee Gelee on my OG Switch and i would also be perfectly fine if it wouldnt be there. Homebrew is something i really like, and im also ready to do some stuff to get it, but i wont ask for any ETA on something that might not even exist. For me Homebrew is the Extra Cherry on TOp of the Cake the Nintendo Switch is. CFW Wars is bullshit and everyone who thinks that Team Xecuter is an Holy untouchable Entity (These people exist for some Reason) is an Idiot in my Eyes. Tho everyone who feels the need to just Hate on SX and their Users just for the Sake of doing so (ANd oh boy there are a lots of these ppl's) isnt better either. In the end we should just wait and see what happens. If TX has something for Mariko we can be Happy and if they have nothing (Which is more likely in my oppinion) it wont be the end of the World either. Fanboy*ism is the cancer of Every scene and i cant stand it anymore.

So just chill down, drink an Cup of Tea and wait for the things to come. Everything else, including Hating each other is just Wasted Time in my Opinion

Last edited by Yamathedestroyer,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1