More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    You got any Proof it's FW dependent? Since that's what everyones crying for in this thread anyways.

2. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    For right now, the only speculation I've seen is, the modchip might be a direct mod chip as in you just push agaisnt the board and solder. The reason I think for this is because they say there's two different boards, for lite and the newer switch model.

the "solderless" version, if it's not a usb-C dongle is pretty much most likely going to be Pogo pins, because anything else is pretty much dogshit so to speak.

Also will the launch model switch mod chip differ from the newer model, or is it the same exploit

raheer and masbass like this.
  3. Alchemy_Gaming

Alchemy_Gaming Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2019
    United States
    What makes you think it's any more or less firmware dependent than the current methods? This claim is completely unfounded.

4. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    I am curious about one thing: what could be a reasonable explanation for the present absence of “physical” proof (e.g. photos or videos) of TX’s new solution?

I promise I’m not being polemic (I like Atmosphere and I’m a happy TX customer) - just curious.

ghjfdtg likes this.
  5. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    Wonder that if there will be a chance for a permanent CFW (instead of injecting payload all the time) since the Tegra exploit won't be used. I mean it's feasible theoritically.

6. UnXecuter

UnXecuter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Belgium
    Well ask Garyopa and get him to make a clear statement to the otherwise with a guarnatee of money back should his lciams of it not being firmware dependant and updatebale etc
    Somethign tells me he won't.
    Anyway wait until Xmas eve and the present to the community

7. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I'm here to steal memes and break dreams

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    I thought perma CFW were already a thing?

8. UnXecuter

UnXecuter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Belgium
    It still uses a form of the Tegra exploit a chip has to be used to insert a glitch so that the code which allows the loading from the dongles. But once a chip is used you also no longer need a dongle.

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  9. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2018
    United States
    Weird. I don't recall anyone telling or forcing anyone to go pre-order or buy anything. If you don't want to wait for an Official Announcement before doing anything, whether resellers have pre-orders or not then that's kinda on you.... :blink:

10. Shalashaska98

Shalashaska98 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2018
    United States
    "You can't have permanent CFW without it being properly signed by Nintendo; that's why we need an exploit to load any unsigned code aka homebrew/CFW" so far this isn't possible

11. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    That won’t and can’t happen, like ever

Shalashaska98 likes this.
  12. Alchemy_Gaming

Alchemy_Gaming Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2019
    United States
    Why would he make a statement denying any of the bogus claims that get dropped in these threads? What incentive does he have to engage?
    Sounds like you know an awful lot about this chip. The chip allows you to use a dongle but you don't need a dongle anymore? Which is it? You're clearly just a troll that made a new account for this thread.

Switch_Maniac likes this.
  13. pepepotamo

pepepotamo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 16, 2010
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I wish they said something useful like "don't update from this firmware" or "there will be no firmware restriction"

14. wiiuepiccpu

wiiuepiccpu Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2019
    United States
    NO proof,so maybe fake

15. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    maybe real too

Pipistrele likes this.
  16. Cakayx

Cakayx Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2019
    Portugal
    Guys, they are selling the CFW in the website to Europe, its pre order, they said it will at the end of this year :)

17. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom GBAtemp Regular

Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    If this required everyone to stay on a lower firmware, don't you think that would be something that is stated as early as possible so people could use it?

edit: I wouldn't go any higher than the firmware versions that are supported by SX OS (obviously).

Last edited by Game_Over_Tom, Nov 12, 2019
    dpeter, Cakayx and Alchemy_Gaming like this.
  18. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    Thank you for the valuable information, may we get a source? Or are you the source?

19. BlackTSQ

BlackTSQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2018
    Austria
    He's probably saying, that if they already need a modchip for the new "exploit" they could probably include something like a trinket m0 on the same board, which would be the equivalent to a dongle but mounted inside the switch.

20. masbass

masbass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2009
    Greece
    Athens
    The way I see it TX did a heads up with their resellers to inform them of the upcoming solution without it being perfected so they can get ready. There was a leak by one such impatient reseller and now TX either has to show some ghetto / incomplete / buggy setup as proof or wait and drop a finished product. Maybe them showing us a preview would alert copycats (irony, I know) of some exploit that they could also get out to the market in the same time TX releases theirs? We can only speculate but this is how it looks to me: Something's close but we heard about it before we were meant to.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted