More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Anyone questioning TX in any way apparently.

Andalitez and ghjfdtg like this.
  2. Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2007
    Germany
    Reeperbahn
    The prices now are only placeholders, maybe the price will be higher when u cant tiny soldering ^_^

3. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    A large chunk of the price for sx pro is the license, at roughly $50 for the sx pro I believe you're paying $30 for the license for the CFW and $20 for the dongle (you can buy each separately if you only want one part). We don't have enough information to speculate on price, and modchips haven't really been a thing in a long time so I can't really use that to make a guess. I'm seeing xbox mod chips for less than $10 for example, granted if you don't know how to install it you'd have to pay somebody to do that for you as well which will cost a bit.

4. Diogo097

Diogo097 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2019
    Portugal
    Guys I asked a tx reseller and he tell the mod will be around January FF73EF4E-6747-4427-BA90-32B614018961.png

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  5. Burorī
    This message by Burorī has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Nov 11, 2019.
    Nov 11, 2019
  6. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    Confirmation from a reseller on when stock will ship? That's like believing somebody else lawyer in court

ghjfdtg and Techjunky90 like this.
  7. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    The resellers don't know shit right now so they are guessing when it will be available (if at all).

almmiron likes this.
  8. masbass

masbass Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2009
    Greece
    Athens
    There's quite a few of us waiting for confirmations or any news about this development, I'd really appreciate it if people kept to posting any relevant info instead of pissing on each other whether TX sucks or not. I think by now we've all read the same proof/no proof arguments 100 times and it's so annoying reading through pages and pages of speculations looking for any actual news. Then again, it's the internet, and can't expect much.

DeoNaught, V-Temp, semzorro and 4 others like this.
  9. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm GBAtemp Fan

Jul 27, 2007
    United States
    Probably the mod is dependent on circuitry that is common to all 3 variants, but are positioned differently between the classic and lite form factors - thus requiring slightly different boards.

10. kamesenin888
    This message by kamesenin888 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Nov 11, 2019, Reason: flamebait.
    Nov 11, 2019
  11. Bladexdsl
    This message by Bladexdsl has been removed from public view by linuxares, Nov 11, 2019, Reason: flamebait.
    Nov 11, 2019
  12. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    I really wanna see a photo/video.

EDIT:
    Meanwhile, let's keep busy with the Pokemon Sword/Shield leak.

13. UnXecuter

UnXecuter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Belgium
    Just as a it of a warning the method this uses is Firmware dependant so when its relased any new firmware won't work with it and here's the kicker they won't tell you at the moment if its installs and the switch is then updated the switch wont boot up so will be a brick.
    I wonder why they have been economical with the truth ?

Rahkeesh likes this.
  14. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    How do you know that?

15. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Don't worry, the next tidbit of unverified info will surely get its own frontpage article again.

ghjfdtg likes this.
  16. evertonstz

evertonstz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2019
    Brazil
    Most likely it is firmware dependent, unpatchable exploits like the first switch model has are extremely rare. Doesn't mean the team can't repatch the new firmwares, but it probably will take some time.

17. UnXecuter

UnXecuter Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Belgium
    OH and the 'exploit' which it isn't really is due to be released on Xmas Eve as a present to the community

18. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    15 so far

19. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    disappointing effort from the tempers

20. Ratatattat

Ratatattat GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2016
    United States
    It either is or it isn't. Opinions don't matter (+/-) as they won't change what is. Better to quit spinning wheels and get on with things that matter.

Ammako likes this.
  21. Nasedase

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    The most fun I ever had modding was with my Sega Saturn, which required soldering, so I'm pretty hype.

22. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 13, 2009
    United States
    Legit not trying to argue but what did you find most fun about it? For me the most fun I had was in the 3.x days with the psp and the DA/M33 firmwares. Being able to run a game or open a picture and change basically everything about the system software-wise was dope

23. Nasedase

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Up until that point I had hacked the Wii / Wii U and used DS Carts, so modifying my system by actually adding in hardware and soldering felt like I was earning my piracy in a strange way. This was before Saturn Emulation was viable, too, so I felt like I was experiencing something not a lot of people had.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted