More import suggestions?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by GeekyGuy, Jul 28, 2007.

Jul 28, 2007

More import suggestions? by GeekyGuy at 4:05 AM (885 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I've managed to find a few gems that were fairly easy to pick up and have fun with without any knowledge of the Japanese language, and with the limit of good games released in English, as well as the much larger selection of Japanese DS games, I'd love to add a few more good ones to the collection.

Let me first, of course, give you the list of imports I've already tried (good and otherwise):

-Ouedan (both 1 & 2)
    -Chou Shoujuu Mecha MG (an interest mech game that has caught my interest, but the verdict's still out on that one)
    -Pinky Street Kira Kira Music Hour (highly overlooked by the import audience, though great fun)
    -Chao Dream Touch! (don't understand a word of it, but it's cute)
    -Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar (meh...)
    -San Goku Shi Taisen (game looks amazing, but I'll have to wait for a translation guide)
    -Jet Impulse (supposed to be great, but...I'll have to try again later)
    -Doki Doki Majo Shinpan (never even got to feel up a lolicon -- got bored too quickly with it)
    -Taiko no Tatsujin (one of the most fun games to come out in a while, import or otherwise)
    -Band Bros. (kinda cool -- I'll wait for the right mood)
    -Densetsu no Stafi 4 (lives up to the hype -- fun game)
    -Nodame Contabile (what can I say...)
    -JUMP Ultimate Stars (spent more time than I'd care to admit learning the ins & outs of that game)
    -Bleach 1 & 2 (but since the first one's coming out in English soon, I'll probably wait before investing more time into something like that)

I've also tried a few others, but they weren't interesting enough to remember. If you've got any suggestions for a good import(s) that's friendly to the non-Japanese speaking folk, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

2. CSD

Member CSD GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As would I.

As I wait for my DSL and R4, I've been gathering as much information on good DS games as I can find, and building up a respectable collection of games.

3. freed_y

Newcomer freed_y Advanced Member

Indonesia
    - Mahou Sensei Negima 1 & 2 in DS..
    it's great strategy game... if you have played SUper Robot Wars or NamcoXCapcom in PS2, it have same vibe in that game..

- Hitman Reborn DS (First & Second)
    first game was collection of mini game, it's fun to play the game [​IMG]
    second game was fighting game, like Jump Ultimate Star, but the chara only from Hitman Reborn...

i played a lot of import game (using flash card [​IMG] ), there are a lot of great game, but i can't remember all of it [​IMG]

4. snesmaster40

Member snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Puyo Pop Fever 2 and Puyo Pop 15th Anniversary are both Tetris clones that are great fun. It even includes a mode where you can play in 8 man battles with players and the computer.

5. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll be sure to check those out. I wasn't, however, able to find Mahou Sensei Negima. The closest match to that title that I found was: Negima -- Chou Mahora Taisen. Is that perhaps the same game?

6. blade85

Member blade85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try Tennis no Ouji-Sama 2005 - Crystal Drive

its rom #44 i think

7. snesmaster40

Member snesmaster40 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  8. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States