1. BORTZ

OP BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    \
    Like me, you, VMM, and SOuiment (from Dragons Den who worked on that did the DGMJ2P patch). :P But seriously, I wish there was a company they could just hand off the games to. I am ok with shitty levels of translation too (I mean thats just me lol).

2. InuYasha

InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Don't get me wrong there are DQ titles I enjoy like DQ4,5,8 but I like the monster titles more but thats me and for the record I never played minecraft either...

3. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Imagine legos, but for adults.

I love your show ;D

4. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

United States
    I would hardly call Minecraft "LEGO for adults." Nothing in Minecraft screams "designed for mature audiences" to me.

5. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Germany
    Minecraft is hardly designed for adults.

BORTZ likes this.
  6. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    Alright, then imagine them as virtual legos for children :^).

7. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

As I'm making the rounds for all the DQ related things, I thought I'd toss in the Builders trailer here. It's honestly looking like a really neat game, and the increasingly obvious lack of text is convincing me all the more that this is probably going to come west.

BORTZ likes this.
  8. BORTZ

OP BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    Yeah that actually looks like a lot of fun. If this is the only DQ title we get out from this latest batch of updates... well I wont be the happiest camper, but I wouldn't be too disappointed. I'll still play it.

9. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Germany
    I like what they did with DQ11. Hopefully they are going to localize it now, and DQX too since it's on PS4 now.

10. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

I don't even know what they're doing with DQX anymore. As far as I can tell, they're trying their damndest to keep the userbase alive and are having a really hard time managing it, hence port after port after port. I still don't see it getting localized, personally. I doubt the cost of localizing and getting/maintaining servers for other regions could be justified. The continuous costs associated with an MMO are probably the biggest thing holding back a western release. SE has no guarantee that it won't seriously blow up in their faces, and honestly, I'd rather they skip it due to the likelihood that it wouldn't work out well. I'd hate to see the flow of DQ games to the west get even more damaged because of a poorly performing release from the numbered games.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Builders, Dragon, Rumors