More Details For "The Last Story"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Jan 21, 2011.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    [​IMG]

Here are some more details for The Last Story

- main menu image for The Last Story changes depending on your story progression
    - hint characters who will clue you in on what to do nex
    - quests need to be found, but aren't hard to find
    - party members that tag along with you can’t be selected during the game’s main story
    - replace them while revisiting dungeons
    - pause battles with the minus button
    - home button to pause the entire game
    - Some of the weapons you can use in battle will come from playing the game’s online mode
    - these weapons range from easy to difficult to obtain
    - strengthening items for weapons obtained in online mode can only be found in online mode

Source Below...

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id...comment-section

Now here's a thought. One of the bulleted points talks about the "Home" button being used to pause the game. Is this confirmation of developers starting to enhance the "Home Menu" as needed? If the menu is something that is programmed in every individual game and it's obvious that the Home menu is slightly different (at least in look) for some games, what's stopping developers form adding other features? Things like being able to send and check your Wii mail from the menu or even something as small as a clock. The Wii would feel more connected as a console if small things like that were added to the home menu.

2. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    This game looks pretty good. Sucks it may not be translated.

3. Potticus

Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2010
    United States
    Oklahoma
    Not officially at least, and very roughly translated at first I'd reckon. But somebody will get a use-able full one out.

4. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    Don't expect a fast fan-translation Wii games would presumably take more time to Hack/Translate then NDS games.

5. qlum

qlum Posting when needed

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Pirate Homeworld
    it also has the most about the most dialogues on any wii game about 12000 so it would take a really long time to translate that is also the reason why Nintendo isn't translating it

6. tigris

tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

Jun 19, 2010
    The Tibetan Himalayas
    Doesn't anyone here find the name slightly ironic considering it somes from the guy who made Final Fantasy?

7. boktor666

boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Jun 16, 2010
    Netherlands
    Holland, somewhere :D
    For wii graphic standards, this one just pwnd them. For gameplay, it looks like real time rpg, quite nice. I will never be playing this, since i dont have a wii, but translating a game like this would take the crasiest people from earth, its a hell load of work

8. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    Nintendo never said they weren't translating it. Also, I reckon Xenoblade has more lines.