More details for Breath of Fire 6 revealed.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as I haven't seen this posted anywhere on this site yet....

i6fu.png

The official website for Breath of Fire 6: Guardians of the White Dragon, Capcom’s long overdue new entry in the Breath of Fire series, has received a new update that reveals new screenshots and details regarding the game’s story and characters.

The game’s story appears to draw heavily from the original Breath of Fire, originally released on SNES and later ported to GBA. The game features familiar locations from previous series entries like main protagonist Ryu’s hometown of Dragnier and the kingdom of Wyndia, both of which have been apparently ransacked by the “Schwarz Empire,” which bears resemblance to the Dark/Black Dragon clan from the original.

The article goes on to mention that Nina makes a return (but without wings), and though Ryu has been replaced by a customizable avatar, they retain some dragon-like abilities. A new female character named Peridot is also revealed, though it's not mentioned what she actually does.

There will be AI controlled characters that can accompany you. Combat is going to be fast-paced and simplified, as well as featuring time-based attacks. Like in II-V, town-building makes a return, and you will be able to interact with other players' village in some way.

Inside-Games also claims that the story of this game takes place 1,000 years after the last youth who wielded the power of the dragons, which could possibly mean that this game takes place either after III or IV (V didn't have Dragnier nor Windia as far as we know).

Source 1 - Pixelitis

Source 2 - Inside-Games (Japanese)

Though I'm still a bit bitter about their decision to turn the game into a Social-RPG, I'll admit it does have some potential. At least it'll retain some of the series' staples, as well as Dragnier and Windia making a return.

What do you guys think?

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter on the PS2, which I couldn't get into first, but after a while I couldn't stop playing it. Will this be for mobile devices or something else? If this gets released in English,I'll definitely play it.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a mobile social game, so that means iOS and Android. It's also getting a PC release too, which is speculated to be browser-based considering the nature of the game.

ResleyZ

Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a mobile social game, so that means iOS and Android. It's also getting a PC release too, which is speculated to be browser-based considering the nature of the game.
In that case, I'll definitely get it for my Note 2 if it gets an English release.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get your hopes up yet since a localization is still undecided. Knowing Capcom, they might not even bring it here. I guess now would be a good time for me to keep an eye on this game and see where it goes. By the way, if you haven't yet you should probably play the first 3 games since those are the only ones that actually connect to one another. It might be kind of difficult though considering I and II haven't really aged well, but that doesn't mean they aren't playable.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt I'll bother: I'd prefer a proper Breath of Fire game. I'd even take a complete remake of any of the first 3 games, especially 3. I've always imagined Capcom would remake it in a way that let you choose a storyline to follow at the point where
Ryu, Rei and Teepo get separated.

BoF I and II might not have aged well, but I still remember them fondly and a remake could breathe (no pun intended) new life into those games.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BoF 6 is still DOA, no Ryu, a completely wingless Nina, this is not Breath of Fire, just the typical social garbage with the name tacked on. Please do yourself a favor and play the classics either as downloads on PSN, when they come out on PS Now streaming, on the eshop as downloads, or as roms and isos. Send a message to Capcom that we won't play this garbage.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and if you've never played it yet the Breath of Fire 2: The Fated Child mature patch :P

Ever played the re-translated patch? No more Engrish and an actual dash button, no more taking an hour to get from the hometown to Wyndia. In fact, the translation is helluva lot better than Crapcom's attempt. I mean, they even called the fishing rod in the mini-game, "Equip Lod" and a guy says "What do you wnat from me?" XDD

And with that said, what do I think? This so-called Breath of Fire VI is a steaming pile of shit that needs to die in a fire. This is not Breath of Fire, this is Chibi Weaboo Mobile Quest. Breath of Fire I through IV awesome, V sucked, VI officially kills the series.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats the one i have mentioned above? it's got swearing in it and you can actually see the full name of an item :P

It does have a few swears in it (can't be helped I guess) but the items actually have names. I love how the original called "vanilla extract" "Van Ext". LOL WTF is that, "van exit?" "Van extension"? ROFL. That game had so much Engrish. But the added dash feature makes it all the better IMHO. :D :P

I don't know the name of that hack, but I got it from Watercrown translations.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks great and happy they aren't changing too much to the formula. But mobile? Oh man, that is sad. Altghough it's even easier to pirate that way, but still, why pirate it when it's a shitty game.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: