More details for Breath of Fire 6 revealed.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ChaosBoi, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ChaosBoi
    OP

ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    Seeing as I haven't seen this posted anywhere on this site yet....

[​IMG]

The article goes on to mention that Nina makes a return (but without wings), and though Ryu has been replaced by a customizable avatar, they retain some dragon-like abilities. A new female character named Peridot is also revealed, though it's not mentioned what she actually does.

There will be AI controlled characters that can accompany you. Combat is going to be fast-paced and simplified, as well as featuring time-based attacks. Like in II-V, town-building makes a return, and you will be able to interact with other players' village in some way.

Inside-Games also claims that the story of this game takes place 1,000 years after the last youth who wielded the power of the dragons, which could possibly mean that this game takes place either after III or IV (V didn't have Dragnier nor Windia as far as we know).

Source 1 - Pixelitis

Source 2 - Inside-Games (Japanese)

Though I'm still a bit bitter about their decision to turn the game into a Social-RPG, I'll admit it does have some potential. At least it'll retain some of the series' staples, as well as Dragnier and Windia making a return.

What do you guys think?

2. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    I played Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter on the PS2, which I couldn't get into first, but after a while I couldn't stop playing it. Will this be for mobile devices or something else? If this gets released in English,I'll definitely play it.

3. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    great game, which system are we talking about?

4. ChaosBoi
    OP

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    It's a mobile social game, so that means iOS and Android. It's also getting a PC release too, which is speculated to be browser-based considering the nature of the game.

5. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    In that case, I'll definitely get it for my Note 2 if it gets an English release.

6. ChaosBoi
    OP

Feb 19, 2007
    United States
    California
    I wouldn't get your hopes up yet since a localization is still undecided. Knowing Capcom, they might not even bring it here. I guess now would be a good time for me to keep an eye on this game and see where it goes. By the way, if you haven't yet you should probably play the first 3 games since those are the only ones that actually connect to one another. It might be kind of difficult though considering I and II haven't really aged well, but that doesn't mean they aren't playable.

7. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    I doubt I'll bother: I'd prefer a proper Breath of Fire game. I'd even take a complete remake of any of the first 3 games, especially 3. I've always imagined Capcom would remake it in a way that let you choose a storyline to follow at the point where
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

BoF I and II might not have aged well, but I still remember them fondly and a remake could breathe (no pun intended) new life into those games.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i stopped reading there

PASS!

9. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Why couldn't this be on 3DS? I don't like playing games on my phone.
    This. Capcom has gotten so out of touch on what games actually want.

BAHIM Z 360 and Bladexdsl like this.
  10. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    BoF 6 is still DOA, no Ryu, a completely wingless Nina, this is not Breath of Fire, just the typical social garbage with the name tacked on. Please do yourself a favor and play the classics either as downloads on PSN, when they come out on PS Now streaming, on the eshop as downloads, or as roms and isos. Send a message to Capcom that we won't play this garbage.

11. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    and if you've never played it yet the Breath of Fire 2: The Fated Child mature patch :P

12. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

Ever played the re-translated patch? No more Engrish and an actual dash button, no more taking an hour to get from the hometown to Wyndia. In fact, the translation is helluva lot better than Crapcom's attempt. I mean, they even called the fishing rod in the mini-game, "Equip Lod" and a guy says "What do you wnat from me?" XDD

And with that said, what do I think? This so-called Breath of Fire VI is a steaming pile of shit that needs to die in a fire. This is not Breath of Fire, this is Chibi Weaboo Mobile Quest. Breath of Fire I through IV awesome, V sucked, VI officially kills the series.

13. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    thats the one i have mentioned above? it's got swearing in it and you can actually see the full name of an item :P

14. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

It does have a few swears in it (can't be helped I guess) but the items actually have names. I love how the original called "vanilla extract" "Van Ext". LOL WTF is that, "van exit?" "Van extension"? ROFL. That game had so much Engrish. But the added dash feature makes it all the better IMHO. :D :P

I don't know the name of that hack, but I got it from Watercrown translations.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  15. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    I got excited for a moment :(

16. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

I know that feel. Breath of Fire died ten years ago.

17. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Social-RPG, eh?

"Will this be a breath of fresh air, or has the fire been put out?"

10-to-1 someone uses that exact line in a review for the game.

18. the_randomizer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    I guess you could say that their refusal to return the series to its roots only adds fuel to the fire.

19. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    back than snes carts didn't hold too much data so to save space they cheaped out on the text :P

20. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Looks great and happy they aren't changing too much to the formula. But mobile? Oh man, that is sad. Altghough it's even easier to pirate that way, but still, why pirate it when it's a shitty game.

Bladexdsl likes this.