More corrupted R4 saves (also, SMT:SJ save request)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by proctology, Aug 11, 2012.

1. proctology
    OP

Newcomer proctology Member

United States
    I just upgraded to a newer version of the same R4 card I had and installed the newest firmware to the same microSD, leaving the other files on my card untouched. My SMT: Strange Journey save went corrupt immediately after that. Is there any way to stop saves corrupting? It doesn't seem to do me any good to back them up to my computer, and I'm using a good microSD now (albeit a cheap R4). I don't have any problems with saves during normal use, just after transferring files to my card.

It probably won't do much good since even my own backups don't help, but would anyone happen to have a save for SMT: Strange Journey that's a little bit into the Carina sector, right after getting the thing to fight Horkos? Figured I'd check before going through all that work again. Thanks!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Are the saves staying the same size? Maybe they're getting cut off somehow.

Normally I'd blame the MicroSD reader for the corruption here, but that's often seen with the larger ROM files and not the way-smaller save files.

3. proctology
    OP

Newcomer proctology Member

United States
    Yeah, only my saves ever get corrupted. It happens every single time I switch to a new microSD (although that's not the case this time), other than a few select games that seem to resist it like Henry Hatsworth. The last couple of times I had corrupt saves, all I'd done was stick new files on the microSD unrelated to the ones that went bad. These were both on my newest card that is a good brand and doesn't corrupt otherwise (my last card was a bad generic that corrupted almost every time). My first card, as far as I can remember, never went corrupt at all, but it's only 1GB (still had corrupt transferred saves).