More Battlefield 3 Details Emerge

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Feb 7, 2011.

Feb 7, 2011
  1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    EA have recently revealed even more information regarding Battlefield 3, including some of the features that we will be seeing in the game.

TechSpotlight has managed to compile a short list of features that we will be seeing in the latest Battlefield instalment. Said list is below:

+Prone will be on all 3 platforms, not just PC
    +Dolphin Driving/Dropshooting will not work.
    +Spotting (in its BC2 incarnation) will be making a return
    +While the PC version will have up to 64 player online matches, the number is limited to 24 on consoles
    +There will be a friendly fire option, turned off by default
    +Knives and dogtags will return
    +There will be no ziplines or grapple hooks
    +There will be bullet drop, but “Doesn’t work the same as BC2 though, it’s a much deeper system.“
    +No tracer darts
    +Pre-ordering automatically gets you the Limited Edition of the game without any extra-charge.

Most of these are features that Battlefield fans have been longing for. Prone is just one of them, and I am glad to see that DICE will at least try and eliminate dropshooting and the diving that was incorporated into Black Ops.

The first ‘disappointment’ for the console gamers is that they will be limited to 24 players per match, whereas the PC counterparts will be able to play with 64 in each match. The reason for this is because of network complications, but I don’t see why the PS3 should have this problem is MAG supported 256 players, or maybe it’s something beyond my knowledge.

The new Frostbite engine is also getting some recognition here will a deeper level of bullet drop, which is said to be dependant on which gun you are using. This gives the game that edge of realism over its competitors such as Call of Duty which will be releasing in the same time frame.

We’re hoping to see more of this game at E3 and some in-depth analysis as this sequel is shaping up to be quite a stunner.[/p]
    Source

I hope they work on knifing a bit more, it's a bit over the top in Bad Company 2 and takes too long. Same as in Black Ops, it's too over the top, if you get what I mean.

2. ZeroTm

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The knifing was just right in bfbc2 IMO. It feels more like a weapon you would use in an emergency, not as a weapon that stabs faster than some machine guns.

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    hmm...
    sounds good so far . 64 player maps , sounds ridiculous [​IMG] .
    they better have bigger maps . i liked how on PC all the VIP map packs were free , so i know for sure i want to buy this for PC .

4. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico
    pbff the game never got as good as 1942

5. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    The knifing in BC2 is absolutely atrocious, for one it's glitchy as all hell and secondly it's still a one shot weapon pulled out of no where similar to CoD (Given it's slightly slower). They should leave knives the same as BF2 and all other Battlefield games as a weapon to be pulled out that isn't instant kill.

6. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    I hope the new Frostbite engine runs at 1080p/60fps on the PS3. It's really noticeable when you play BC2 after CoD, which runs at this, when BC2 is only 720p/30fps.

7. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Almost nothing runs at 1080p on the PS3. It's rendered at 720p or less and then upscaled.

8. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I know CoD runs at 600p upscaled or something, but it still looks far crisper than BC2 at 720p.