More Adventure Time Screens & Collectors Edition Details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

It has been announced that the 3DS version of Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why Did You Steal Our Garbage? will have an collectors edition that will be at Gamestop and will not only include the game it will also include fold out poster of the Land of Ooo, a stylus to look like Finn's Sword, a art and activity book AND will have steelbook style packaging made to look like the Enchiridion!

It hasn't been said if this is retailer exclusive or if this will be available outside of the US.

Here are some screenshots, so far we've only seen side-scrolling images but here is one of the overhead adventure part:​
    [​IMG]
    And of course the side-scrolling action part:​
    [​IMG]
    It's looking very DS isn't it? Well it was originally a DS game and then put to 3DS as well but still I'm sure it'll be a good game. Gameplay is said to be pretty much like
    Zelda II, which I welcome.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/there-will-be-a-collectors-edition-for-adventure-time-on-the-3ds-and-new-screenshots/

2. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Gah! This is making it very difficult for me to just find the ds rom now, I'd love to get all that collectible adventure time stuff... A finn sword as a stylus and that poster is just so awesome. So these screenshots are 3ds screenshots? Ick...
    EDIT: I can't open the link on my browser

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Looks pretty solid, actually contemplating the collector's edition if it's cheap. I'd probably leave it unopened and pirate the game.

1 person likes this.
  4. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Holy. F-ing. Sh*t!!!! Give this to me, NOW!
    Also, Haddy, if this makes it to the UK but not Sweden as some [insert-store-here]-exclusive (that's how it usually is), then I know someone (you) who has to get me a copy -hypno eyes-

5. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Apparently, WayForward can do better but I guess the publisher wants maximise profits so they ported it to the 3DS without much change, maybe a little 3D added.

I get a feeling that the DS version maybe the better one, its the one that seems to be the primary focus. I remember the early years of the DS and that getting samey GBA games and most were actually better on GBA like Scurge: Hive was.

Send me some cash son!

I'll probably import it, it always either cost the same or less when I have imported US games previously...obviously I can't play the 3DS game (I don't own a 3DS anymore) but I'll play the ROM on DS.

6. hxchemicalkid

Newcomer hxchemicalkid Member

United States
    Looks like (price may change) the collector's edition is the same price as a new 3DS game and the regular edition is $29.99

7. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Like Zelda 2? Yes please!

8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    3DS is not import-friendly mate, and wasn't it the 3DS version that had a collectors? I'll send you cashimajings if it comes to that ;)

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah that is why I said I'll pirate the DS version to play. I don't even have a 3DS!

10. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    [​IMG]
    OH MY GLOB. The collector's edition sounds pretty enticing..
    Really excited for this. And here I thought the DS was dead altogether :

2 people like this.
  11. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

That about sums up my reaction.

1 person likes this.
  12. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    The idea of this being a US only game got me a little worried because I was thinking about getting the 3DS version, hopefully we'll get an announcement soon, else I have to settle with the DS version on a flash cart since importing a US copy would be very expensive thanks to the stupidly high taxes when importing from non EU countries.

13. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I'm thinking that this might be one of the last in the long line of worthwhile DS games. The more screens seen and the more facts that are unveiled just make me all the more sure that this will definitely be a great title. Hopefully it's meaty enough to last, or at least fun enough to warrant multiple plays. A big problem with the good, non-JRPG or SRPG DS titles tends to be the amount of content (look at Dementium 2: fantastic survival horror title, but maybe four hours long on the first play through, closer to three after). I'm certainly hoping this doesn't follow that trend.

14. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Andd.. a trailer for it!
    [yt]PmezEFVA0WE[/yt]