Morbius

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What was with the greensleeves fur elise remix in the background? I suppose it was better than the obvious pick someone might make of generic goth rock (I assume we are far enough on from Queen of the Damned to not do nu metal again) but does it have an association with vampires I am not aware of.

Also his mentor character was in Resident Evil: Apocalypse as the doctor responsible for it all so I am playing that in my head as some kind of sequel/prequel.

More seriously. Might make for a good popcorn film a la Underworld or the later Blade films but I don't expect to be wandering away from the credits with any questions. I did get a few reminds me of 90s comic book films moments there as well, which is probably a reasonable path to take rather than another Marvel retread.

Last edited by FAST6191,

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This looks like the coolest movie of 2007.

Wait, what? Was that Michael Keaton? Is this in the MCU? What the fuck is going on?

EDIT:
Is that Tobey McGuire's spiderman at 2:10? What the fuck is going on???????

• Both SONY and MARVEL can do whatever the hell they want with Spiderman, this includes actors.
  • No, he's not.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
What was with the greensleeves remix in the background? I suppose it was better than the obvious pick someone might make of generic goth rock (I assume we are far enough on from Queen of the Damned to not do nu metal again) but does it have an association with vampires I am not aware of.

Either there was a snippet of Greensleeves in there that I missed on several listens, or this is some obscure humor that goes way above my head, or you didn't recognize Für Elise?

A trend in trailer music recently has been slowing down existing works to make them spooky or add gravitas. Lullabies and nursery rhymes in a slow (and monotone) arrangement, then later 80s pop songs, and now we have simple classics. I wonder what's next.

EDIT:
Is that Tobey McGuire's spiderman at 2:10? What the fuck is going on???????

Yes.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Either there was a snippet of Greensleeves in there that I missed on several listens, or this is some obscure humor that goes way above my head, or you didn't recognize Für Elise?

A trend in trailer music recently has been slowing down existing works to make them spooky or add gravitas. Lullabies and nursery rhymes in a slow (and monotone) arrangement, then later 80s pop songs, and now we have simple classics. I wonder what's next.
I meant that. Fortunately nobody relies on me for musical/music recognising talent, or if they do it is stupid novelty songs/earworms.

As for next prediction for the slowed down song, possibly sung by a lady or child in an ethereal voice with some piano backing then I am going with

That said I am still curious. Much like it is hard to parody a parody is taking an already fairly dark and spooky musical piece and giving it a minor twist a thing worth doing in this sort of thing?

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PG13 action vampire film? Oh dear. Also another "be yourself" marvel film? Possibly a minor subversion of it but still nothing to note. Doubt they will get anything more than superficial for the science or philosophy aspect.

That said that snippet of first person during the ship sequence caught my attention.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Film is apparently out now. Early reviews are not good, the PG13 nature of it apparently really coming back to bite it (couldn't resist).
Anybody going to watch it?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Film is apparently out now. Early reviews are not good, the PG13 nature of it apparently really coming back to bite it (couldn't resist).
Anybody going to watch it?
I will watch it. I hope it's good. But it's Jared Leto... so I don't have high hopes

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly tired of all the Marvel/DC universe movies, they've milked the cow so much it'll eventually just be a skeleton.

Reactions: Metal64

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You know who they should introduce in this movie?

Blade.

Snipes is too busy smoking weed and doing drugs right now.

What the heck happened here?
images

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Snipes is too busy smoking weed and doing drugs right now.
He was too busy smoking drugs and doing weed to film Blade: Trinity too, and yet here we are.

In other news,

https://comicbookmovie.com/spider-m...vie-flopping-all-over-again-a194150#gs.2bq86b

After the initial flop, Morbius became a meme, so Sony thought to capitalize on the viral publicity and re-released the movie in cinemas... where it flopped again. Turns out there is such a thing as bad publicity.

Reactions: RyRyIV

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timing was bad; because of Dr. Strange (2022) and Thor: L&T, the MCU is in the "80's".
Luckily, there won't be a new Morbius movie until there's a new Blade movie, unless they get a crossover....which will look like:
"He's fought with Morbius before and, while neither really won, it was the heroes who still saved the day."
What the heck happened here?
"In 2008, he was sentenced to three years in prison and fined $5m for wilful failure to file $15m worth of federal income tax returns."

is not

so by that logic, if you are what you eat, then he became a maggot?

Seriously, federal prison is an experience and I wouldn't doubt he has some real trauma; not saying he went to the worlds worst prison (medium security), but he did do three years nonetheless.

AAAAAaaaaanyway, let us know,

----------

So yeah, about Indy 5:
https://www.cbr.com/tag/indiana-jones-5/

And then :
Daniel Radcliffe/Shia Lebouf

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.