Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Platinum* said:
TwilitSky said:
Thanks a lot for the modified moonshl2.dat! Is there something undesirable in keeping the check disk disabled? Moonshell 2 is working fine on my Acekard 2 now.

How did you "disable" the check disk? do I delete the 'Check disk for nds Ver0.4.nds' file?

Download the "moonshl2.dat" on the first post in this thread and replace your own file with that name.

Acekard? I'm using M3DSR. I'm just trying to find out if disabling the check disc at the beginning would solve my problem.

"Whoops. You're using Windows right? Because if you don't, I don't know what to do.
Step 3 basically means "open command line interface". If you are on XP or Vista, you can also do the following for step 3:
3. Press Winkey+R OR open start menu and click on "Run...". The "Run" dialog will appear. Clear anything in the box and type "cmd". Click "Run"."

That doesn't work. Just a black box with some letters waiting for me to type something.

EDIT: I'm stumped. I followed the instructions. moonshl2 Folder is in the root. moonshl2.nds is 'anywhere'. Didn't work, so I tried renaming it to MoonShell.nds. Same 'fatal' error. Gah. Ill pick this up tomorrow.

Problematique

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You people,
Your f**** kidding
The guy has a live to live he has to feed himself clove him and keep a roof over his. He made moonshell! you people wouldn't never have watched a DPG on a ds his home brew i an amazing feet!
Yes you shouldn't close the m3 boards but somethign has to be DONE
It look like a suerside note!
His homebrew has gone down in ds history!
It's got a wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell !
Nearly every cards default media player was moonshell!
Im going to spit chips on m3!
This is discusting!
The member g6 team should be banned or something to show them we homebrew scene aint happy

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Platinum* said:
"Whoops. You're using Windows right? Because if you don't, I don't know what to do.
Step 3 basically means "open command line interface". If you are on XP or Vista, you can also do the following for step 3:
3. Press Winkey+R OR open start menu and click on "Run...". The "Run" dialog will appear. Clear anything in the box and type "cmd". Click "Run"."

That doesn't work. Just a black box with some letters waiting for me to type something.

Actually the black box is exactly what it was supposed to work like
wink2.gif

Carry on with these steps:

4. type "chkdsk F: /f" and enter
Replace "F:" with your drive letter of course
5. it will fix your card for you. If it asks for anything, answer as you like
6. voila!

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally, got it working on my EDGE card!
yaynds.gif

Now, if only I can get the reset.mse file to work...

For EDGE users:

Rename "moonshl2.nds" to "moonshell.nds" and then put it on the default \moonshl folder. (Stupid me, renaming moonshl2 to moonshl...
laugh.gif
) \moonshl2 stays on the root folder.

reset.mse is still not working as it needs EDGE.nds file or something like that...

Hope that helps.
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problematique said:
You people,
Your f**** kidding
The guy has a live to live he has to feed himself clove him and keep a roof over his. He made moonshell! you people wouldn't never have watched a DPG on a ds his home brew i an amazing feet!
Yes you shouldn't close the m3 boards but somethign has to be DONE
It look like a suerside note!
His homebrew has gone down in ds history!
It's got a wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell !
Nearly every cards default media player was moonshell!
Im going to spit chips on m3!
This is discusting!
The member g6 team should be banned or something to show them we homebrew scene aint happy

Wow... Calm down man. He's just pissed off and put off from DS. There's nothing there in the note that suggests he is going to do anything to himself. It is pretty similar to what happened with the PSP and Dark Alex pre-m33. Hopefully moonlight will eventually come back to programming for the DS. It sounds like what totally pissed him off was the lack of getting paid for a job that he did for m3. Whereas all of his other work was homebrew and more than likely he made next to nothing in contributions despite all the time he invested in his work. But homebrew programmers know they won't make much, if anything at all, because people just forget to support them.
unsure.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
M3-related news will not be banned from GBAtemp. Period.
The g6team member will not be banned from here - and if I hear of any PM harassment towards the member, I will make certain that said harasser is punished.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Zyenet said:
I certainly don't approve of what they did to moonlight, but seriously, boycotting and banning news? Way too far.

I voted neither. Bite me.
nyanya.gif
well thats the nice thing about voting is you can vote however you please I voted to boycott them and not buy anymore of there carts If you already have one well they already have your money so oh well you'll probably want to use there firmware updates but Seriously I hope people think twice about buying one of there carts and supporting this company in the future. I meen there are other Great carts on the market that can run Moonshell2 so it has all those features and have integrated GBA, rumble, and ram expansion through the Ezflash 3in1 *cough* CycloDS evo*cough* plus lots of other features

madpinger

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
madpinger.com
XP
Country
United States
@moonlight who will prob not read this ; ;

Well, I didnt read every post. How ever, what I gather from this news is simply put.

I feel for ya moonlight. You can only move on from this point and try to take the leason from the experiance. I learned this leason in a sim fasion. I digres, All ways have a writen contract with clearly defined terms.

Do be proud of the excalent work you did.

I will no longer recomend M3's to my friends provided this all to be true. I am not a privy party to the events. I take what I have read here in good faith. Thank you for sharing your unpleasent experiance with them. So that we may know of their character as well.

@gbatemp members.
I like this community and plan to continue to visit it regardless of the actions taken by the staff/community. While I would find it inconvienent as a M3 owner. It would not stop us from doing our DS related projects and chatter. M3 is mearly one tool we use. Thankfully the works of the community are not all ways so strongly tied to any one product such as the M3.

Thanks, and later.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@wolfmanz51: the included readme you added to the file (in the downloads section) has no formatting. its one lump of text making it very hard to read and understand. it is also very verbose. any chance of adding a readme that just has the facts to better help out everyone who is having issues setting it up on their flash kit?

cheers,
-another world

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
pvvt i was thinking of getting an m3 but now i wont. if hes making the m3 sell his promises should be delivered and he should get part of the profits.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Just wondering how many people in this thread own an M3 Real, and how many of those who don't own an M3 Real are going nuts at the M3 Team? I agree Moonlight had gotten the bad end of the deal but he might rethink this through and go back. This is my opinion but I'm thinking that other flashcart users were jealous of the Sakura firmware and how nice it looked and when they finally got a good taste of it with Moonshell 2 and having it stopped at 2.0 beta 5 they were outraged, though I'm not saying he might not update Moonshell 2. Boycotting and banning M3 isn't the answer, that would be a waste of a good flashcart.
Not everyone knows the full story, who knows if he didn't read the contract through or not. He had been payed at the start and god knows how much he was paid to do it, did he release any information of that? If M3 went out of business from boycotts and bans there would probably be another annoying clone like the R4 clones, people who work at M3 who had no part in Moonlight getting "ripped off" would lose their jobs.
I didn't buy my M3 Real for Sakura, I bought it because it was a cheaper equivalent to the CycloDS Evo.

Thats all I have to say, I might be wrong or right.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo makes a good point - even at M3 there are people who would suffer, who don't deserve it (assuming this all turns out to be correct, and someone does deserve it). I am pleased with my M3 (and newly arrived GBA Expansion - yay!), though I have to admit that I am becoming increasingly frustrated with touchpod's freezing and corruption problems. So yes, I'm a little ticked at the possibility that the official Sakura won't make it over to my side of the world. But, as Toni, PettingZoo and others have said, let's calm down and wait for the rest of the story - many of us here are working on pure assumptions and heresay. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for a new English Sakura - whether official or otherwise... (where is iamnobody, anyway?)

I'm about to do an experiment based on my findings on the differences between the different regions' loaders - a little cut-and-paste that will *hopefully* result in a Sakura loader that looks for English cards (I don't know if it's better to alter the region code, which I still have to find and figure out, or to try to remove the check - that may break the loader entirely... maybe I need a little break from hex code for a while...)

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the M3 team felt it break, and are now weeping at the thought of you having to buy another cart to replace the one for which they've already been paid for... you two missed the point entirely, didn't you?

The only message that could possible send to the M3 team is that we really are easy to fool, and that corrupt companies are on the right path in trying to dupe us into giving up our money for shoddy products (or good products with shoddy support, as the case may be). If M3 is, in fact, guilty of being scandalous, then this will only encourage them further. If we were to make a movement to shut them down, it won't work if we do it one at a time - so you've just ruined a perfectly good (if old and no longer supported) flash cart for no good reason.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't really miss the point because as you can probably guess, I own an R4
biggrin.gif
I'm happy that people can't be so smug and look down on us R4 owners anymore if they own an M3 but I'm angry that M3 drove Moonlight to stop makin moonshell 2 (And all his other homebrew ideas) and I am really sad that M3 would rip one of the most revered homebrew maker for the DS ever... (since R4 relies on Moonshell)

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from this point, I will stop suggestion people to grab a M3 now, rather some brand like CycloDS that is not M.I.C...

M.I.C product been screwing people from ancient to present, history of their product shows clearly how they manage over their product.....

If moonlight ever put up a donation, I will be welling to donate...

I regret for buying M3 Real just cuz M3 Sakura .......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...