wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
Moonshell v2.03 Stable
Update
dslite.jpg

Moonshell has been updated but no change log has been released. When one is released this post will be updated. It was mentioned to me that the default skin has changed, not for the better, and that there might be possible updates to .NSF playback.

Thanks to Pendor via IRC for the news!​

download.gif
Download (41.72 MB)
icon11.gif
Source
discuss.png
Discuss

Virgil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah, first post....

Anyways, I'll take a quick jab at it and see how is it; i'll have to back up my current edits to my original MS2, but since it is an update, I would guess it would be for the better anyways.

EDIT: Actually, taking a quick look at the photos, you can tell how they meant by "for the worse"; it seems like the coloring of it is a bit messed up, but just change it if you don't like the skin, I guess.

portezbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dled the newest kernel for my ezflash V plus so I thought I would also go and try out the new moonshell but when I try to run moonshell I get a fatal disk error about the file size and the directory file size not matching up or something like that, anyone know what I am doing wrong?

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I also have a EZ-Flash Vi and having problems getting past that FRIGGIN memory check at the start.
It ALWAYS stops at about 50%-70%.
When it finally does load there is an option to skip the check.

Does anyone know how to skip the check from the start? If it was skipped a lot of us could actually see how crap it really is.

v202 didnt work for me. I did get into it but nothing worked. No movies, no pictures, no music, nothing so its crap to me.

I really hope they fixed it in this version.

f3ar000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the disk check thingee can be fixed if you do an error fix scan which can take a while... then you go into options and disable the scan at boot box

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
How about just editing a file and skip the disk check completely?

There has to be a setup file and an option to disable the disk check somewhere?

What about someone uploading thier setup file thats already got the disk check skipped and we will use that one.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NakedFaerie said:
I also have a EZ-Flash Vi and having problems getting past that FRIGGIN memory check at the start.
It ALWAYS stops at about 50%-70%.
When it finally does load there is an option to skip the check.

Does anyone know how to skip the check from the start? If it was skipped a lot of us could actually see how crap it really is.

v202 didnt work for me. I did get into it but nothing worked. No movies, no pictures, no music, nothing so its crap to me.

I really hope they fixed it in this version.
You can try putting the card into the computer, and if you have a scan and fix option that pops up, use that.
If you do not have this option on your computer, try moving all files on to your computer then back on you MicroSD card.
It doesn't have to do with what flashcard you are using, it has to do with memory errors on the card (Such as corrupted files, misplaced sectors ect.).

portezbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried backing up my card and formatting the card and then moving everything back and then it kinda worked but when I tried to go into my media folder through moonshell it froze. Also once I tried deleting one game off my cart it started getting the disk check error again at the beginning. Also if you get moonshell to boot properly it has an option to turn off the disk check but that didnt seem to do anything.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use Moonshell 1.71. Its so good it does everything Moonshell 2 does. It just looks ugly but who cares. Why you Moonshell 2 it wastes so much space on your memory card.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
jakob95 said:
I still use Moonshell 1.71. Its so good it does everything Moonshell 2 does. It just looks ugly but who cares. Why you Moonshell 2 it wastes so much space on your memory card.

incorrect.

it has more user controlled options but lacks many of the built in tools/apps. however, not everyone needs them. as for dpg playback, moonshell 2+ uses a different dpg standard. the vids are clearer, cleaner, and use less dithering to achieve their goal. the dpg encoding tools have also been upgraded specifically for use on moonshell 2+. i've run tests and the same vid, from the same source, encoded the same way, 1 using the old tool and 1 using batchdpg (also an old standard), and 1 using the new tool, all have varying results. the old tool(s) looked best on the old moonshell, which is understandable, but on the new moonshell vids had blocky areas where stuff was previously dithered. using the new tool vids looked close to 50% better. spots of fast movement that were previously dithered are now fixed, blotchy solid colors were clear and also looked less dithered. it becomes harder to see the dithering in the new moonshell.

let us not forget all of the bug fixes which have been added into moonshell 2, fixes which some requested over a year ago and were never added into 1.71.

the next time you make comments like "it does everything moonshell 2 does," i would appreciate it if you actually did some research on your own. you just look the fool otherwise.

moonshell 2.03 is 54.6MB
moonshell 1.71 is 6.22MB

yes moonshell 2 takes up more space, but how does that really matter when sdhc cards currently go up to 16gb? even if you were using a 2gb msd, if you were serious about multimedia on your nds when you were on trips would you not carry more than one msd? with flash kits $10 and up, and msd cards $5 and up, $15 is a small investment to have a second kit dedicated just for a few dpg shows and some mp3s.

although what i've said is subject to opinion, it is my way of looking at the situation and the complaint of old vs new in regards to file size.

-another world

portezbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've kinda gotten it working now but not sure what I did. It seems to mostly work fine now and does mind if I add or remove files but it still freezes if I try and put all my media in one folder. Also it does not seem to like opening jpg or bmp files. Also the image pack viewer works, but it crashes if I try to exit back to moonshell. Weird, guess they still need to work out alot more bugs, or is it just me?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hi i have strange problem with that moonshell on my acekard rpg. I launched it on nand flash all works well untill I launch a mp3 then it suddenly gets choppy, but strangest thing is that when I click pause and play the choppiness magically dissapear and mp3 plays normally. Any ideas what is causing that kind of problem and how to fix it ?

CodeEight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far the changes ive seen in Moonshell 2.03 vs moonshell 2.02

1) smoother scrolling while browser through files
2) When you play a video the bottom screen fades away and turns black which makes it less irritating
3) moonshell directboot file is way smaller compared to the old one. (from 750kb+ to 200kb)
4) Probably some other Minor things that are fixed but not found yet!

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys.. for those of you who are having problems.. the moonshell 2.03 directory(moonshell2 folder) doesnt contain everything that moonshell 2.02 has. what i did was just took everything in moonshell 2.03(folder) and put those in the previous folder and works like a charm
biggrin.gif
moogle.gif

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
adriande2 said:
You can try putting the card into the computer, and if you have a scan and fix option that pops up, use that.
If you do not have this option on your computer, try moving all files on to your computer then back on you MicroSD card.
It doesn't have to do with what flashcard you are using, it has to do with memory errors on the card (Such as corrupted files, misplaced sectors ect.).

I've done that. I moved everything to the PC, formatted the card with SD Formatter, put everything back on and it still gives a memory error in the ezflash folder so there is no way I can load it up. Thats why I'm asking for a memory skip from the start.

It comes down to moonshells disk check. its faulty. Windows disk check says everything is good. even after a format it still wont pass the check.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NakedFaerie said:
adriande2 said:

I've done that. I moved everything to the PC, formatted the card with SD Formatter, put everything back on and it still gives a memory error in the ezflash folder so there is no way I can load it up. Thats why I'm asking for a memory skip from the start.

It comes down to moonshells disk check. its faulty. Windows disk check says everything is good. even after a format it still wont pass the check.

Have you tried deleting /moonshl2/logbuf.txt?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.