ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that heads up Magx.
This may be a bit of a newbie question but I haven’t had much luck with Moonshell.
Is there a place I can just download a single file Moonshell 1.31 or 1.32 for the
Supercard like they have for Moonshell 0.6? And not have to run the setup program?

Thanks for any info.
biggrin.gif

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The setup is incredibly easy. Just run it, select your inserted memory card, and uncheck all the cart types that doesn't apply to yours. It will install directly to your card.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
I use M3, and it has a mooshell built in, do I still need to install this one?
If I install it, does it replace the one included on M3 or am I going to have 2 moonshells installed?

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
If I install it, does it replace the one included on M3 or am I going to have 2 moonshells installed?

Your going to have 2 moonshells installed.

Nocturno

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
QUOTE said:

that sucks, then why is M3 including moonshell on their firmware if you can install an updated version by yoursefl?

Nalif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Same deal with the EZ4 lite. They use a modified version of Moonshell - I really wish flashcard developers would just leave this be. All they need to do is make a very compact loader that is able to load both roms and homebrew. Then with the flash software for the PC end they should allow the launcher to be replaced by an actual rom/homebrew file. This would get rid of all the crappy OS's that companies are pre-loading onto their flash cards.

Moonshell is software that is updated frequently, meaning if these developers want to have an OS on their cart that's worth anything, they need to also keep their "modified" version up to date with the full moonshell - And I may speak only for myself here, but I'd rather flash cart developers worry about getting their compatability/speed up as opposed to having them keep their gimped version of a free homebrew program that they force upon the end user up to date.

I wish the EZ team and the other teams went back to the small optional loaders without all the frills and left the homebrew/media players be worked on by the scene. Hopefully there will be an option in the near future for Moonshell to actually replace launchers on flash cards. That'd rock.

magx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This may be a bit of a newbie question but I haven’t had much luck with Moonshell.
Is there a place I can just download a single file Moonshell 1.31 or 1.32 for the
Supercard like they have for Moonshell 0.6? And not have to run the setup program?

Thanks for any info.
biggrin.gif

right at the main release page, there's 2 downloads. 1 is v.32 full and the other is v1.32 just the file you need (the .nds) file for your flash cart

TheStick

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Thanks for any info.
biggrin.gif
Here are some MoonShell 1.31 packages I maintain. What I did was run the setup.exe, put a nice skin (MacOS), then zip everything. Just download the correct zip for your flashcart, extract it to the root of your CF/SD, and you're good to go.

http://tm290.tuxfamily.org/NDS/

BTW, is the 1.32 considered stable? The main site still seems to say 1.31 is the current "stable" version. And the changelog is pretty short, too. I don't see any reason to update to 1.32
blink.gif

kennyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:

Same deal with the EZ4 lite. They use a modified version of Moonshell - I really wish flashcard developers would just leave this be. All they need to do is make a very compact loader that is able to load both roms and homebrew. Then with the flash software for the PC end they should allow the launcher to be replaced by an actual rom/homebrew file. This would get rid of all the crappy OS's that companies are pre-loading onto their flash cards.

Moonshell is software that is updated frequently, meaning if these developers want to have an OS on their cart that's worth anything, they need to also keep their "modified" version up to date with the full moonshell - And I may speak only for myself here, but I'd rather flash cart developers worry about getting their compatability/speed up as opposed to having them keep their gimped version of a free homebrew program that they force upon the end user up to date.

I wish the EZ team and the other teams went back to the small optional loaders without all the frills and left the homebrew/media players be worked on by the scene. Hopefully there will be an option in the near future for Moonshell to actually replace launchers on flash cards. That'd rock.

hmmmm.... ez4 lite already works with the latest version of moonshell. notice the setup.exe when run has the option for ez4. just uncheck the rest. You need to read up more.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try as i might i cant seem to get any version of moonshell to work apart from one older version (version 0.994 or something)

I have a NDS lite with the M3 SD adaptor and a 4 gig SD card. It loads up fine but when you select to start viewing your SD card the whole thing freezes. Anyone got any ideas?

Nalif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
hmmmm.... ez4 lite already works with the latest version of moonshell. notice the setup.exe when run has the option for ez4. just uncheck the rest. You need to read up more.

I need to read up more?

The previous version of moonshell had issues with working on the EZ4-lite due to it using a transflash card as opposed to the standard EZ4s SD micro. Moonshell and a few other homebrew programs make assumptions about the flash card in use - this is why you see multiple versions of the same software. I.E. some in .bin format, some in .nds format, while still others are in .gba format. This is also the reason you see some builds support CF cards, while others support SD etc etc.

Perhaps you should do some reading up yourself before making a post based on an assumption. I mean, we all know how stupid a person looks when they go spouting off on a topic that they know nothing about, right? I mean, if you don't, maybe you should google it and read up. There's a popular saying about assumptions that I feel you may learn something from.
rolleyes.gif

And for the record, Moonshell currently supports the EZ4, but not the lite which uses transflash.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right at the main release page, there's 2 downloads. 1 is v.32 full and the other is v1.32 just the file you need (the .nds) file for your flash cart

But there is a way of compiling all the files (i.e. the .nds file AND the shell folder) into one package. Anyone know how that's done?
Yes that’s what I was looking for. What runam0k explained.
Combining all the files (i.e. the .nds file AND the shell folder)
into one .nds file. Anyone know were to find that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂