Hacking Moonshell & Soft Reset Problems on M3Real

Spiked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys im new here , of course e spent months reading all about ds here to buy one and im really grateful 4 all the info and indirect help that i got here, well im brazilian so sorry 4 my poor english , patience please
biggrin.gif

Well now i need a direct help with some problems.

Im using a DS Lite with M3 Real and a 2gb Sandisk Normal Sd with FAT32 file system

The first problem is the soft reset , when i turn it on some games turns a bit laggy and some freeze in the same place everytime i have the soft reset on , in metroid prime i get a really slow performance some places and Zelda PH freezes. Maybe its something with my card and my file system ? Well in Castlevania DOS the intro lags a lot.

And the second i solved it partially , it's a problem with moonshell that when i load it in slot 1 i have a lot of problems like "????" in the texts , really laggy performance , can't access the settings menu ( hitting the icon on top left give me nothing ) , even the play mode is buggy and i can't change it , it's really messed up , but i have a gba expansion, so when i load the moonshell on slot 2 everything works fine , but i get bit worried about these problems , should i care ?

Again sorry 4 the bad english ! Thx 4 the patience
smile.gif

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First I would try useing the SDFormat program ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1530 )

Second some things still lag a little. More if you have a slower SDcard. Soft Reset will mess with some games.

Third I had the same problem with moonshell acting buggy when you run it slot-1 but I had no problems at all if i use the
GBA Expansion card and run it slot-2
Fourth your english is not that bad

Hope it helps

Spiked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First I would try useing the SDFormat program ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1530 )

Second some things still lag a little. More if you have a slower SDcard. Soft Reset will mess with some games.

Third I had the same problem with moonshell acting buggy when you run it slot-1 but I had no problems at all if i use the
    GBA Expansion card and run it slot-2
Fourth your english is not that bad

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot man , i'll try this program

Feeling relieved that these problems r " normal " and that my english is not so bad lol

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problems are not normal. They are common. It may be that you have a slower microSD card. I suggest turning off soft reset. I've only had problems with Cooking Mama 2 and all I had to do was turn off soft reset.

Well, it did have problems playing trimmed GBA games but if you use an untrimmed ROM it'll be fine (GBA wise).

Spiked

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problems are not normal. They are common. It may be that you have a slower microSD card. I suggest turning off soft reset. I've only had problems with Cooking Mama 2 and all I had to do was turn off soft reset.

Well, it did have problems playing trimmed GBA games but if you use an untrimmed ROM it'll be fine (GBA wise).

Thx 4 the info !
biggrin.gif

Do u think that i should change this sandisk 2gb for a Kingston ( Jp ) ? I can do it , just have to go to the store ( a bit far ) and get the kingston , should i ?

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thx 4 the info !
biggrin.gif

Do u think that i should change this sandisk 2gb for a Kingston ( Jp ) ? I can do it , just have to go to the store ( a bit far ) and get the kingston , should i ?
Hmm, well I've heard great things about the 2GB Kingston Japanese made, so I think it would be best to get that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou