Moonshell + RPG SD?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dib, May 18, 2008.

May 18, 2008

Moonshell + RPG SD? by dib at 7:41 AM (1,696 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was under the impression from the Acekard site that Moonshell could read from the SD card on the RPG. I downloaded the distributable from here http://www.acekard.com/index.php?page_id=4

After running it, I cannot find any apparent way to read from the SD card while I'm running Moonshell from the onboard memory. So either I'm mistaken, or missing something. Has anybody succeeded with this?

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    I dont have an RPG, (Ive got an AK2) but try this. Put your Moonshell.nds on your NAND and dldi patch ( if needed) to 'rpg_sd.dldi'. Then put the Moonshll folder and video/mp3 files on the SD. It works for me to boot moonshell from AK2 and reads off the slot-2(my trusty rusty MaxMediaDock) cards moonshll.
    In theory, it should be able to soft-rest back to NAND, as well.

3. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

I don't own a AKRPG but as far as I know, the AKRPG has 2 DLDI patches, one for the NAND and the other for SD, I believe if you put your Moonshell.nds on your SD card, it will be automatically patched to work with SD, make sure you have your moonshl directory on the SD card too, and yes, I guess you can manually patch the file with SD's DLDI if you must run the nds file from NAND.

4. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    I put another copy of moonshell onto the SD's memory and ran it from there to acess the files on the SD. I don't think there's a way to link the two.

5. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I see, thanks for letting me know.