Hacking Moonshell playback issues

applesauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have an acekard2i, and of course I have installed moonshell on it. Everything works fine and all, but, seemingly at random, some sound files have corrupted playback (i.e. they get slowed down to the point of distortion, sometimes skipping several seconds ahead rather than starting at the beginning of the file).
There's gotta be a pattern or something to this, because normally, if there's a file in a set (for instance, an album), then all the files of that set are corrupted, with only one exception I can think of.
Some of the files that are corrupted were converted from youtube, others downloaded from various sources, such as my shared dropbox or the interne. Some have album art, some don't. They have various different combinations of id3 tags, some having no custom info whatsoever, some having lots.
All of the same can be said of the files that do work as well. But I can't find a pattern to any of it.

Does anyone else have this problem, understand it, have any idea or fixes, or otherwise have any input or additional questions?

applesauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried reformatting before if I recall correctly, but I did so again just now just to make sure, using the default settings (FAT32, 32kb) and the quick format box unchecked.

...Then I accidentally hit the post button. Done formatting, waiting for the files to copy over. It's going painfully slow (nearly 4gb worth of stuff at ~1mb/s now, but steadily increasing).

applesauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reformat didn't seem to do anything. That being said:
I got around to installing this (or at least trying to), but couldn't get it to work. The only thing I recognize in there is dpgtools; is there a manual or something to go along with this particular version of moonshell or something? I've tried a few things but ultimately didn't really don't know what direction to go.

That being said, this thread has served its purpose so I'm mostly done with it. Thanks anyway to those who replied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...