Hacking Moonshell or 3ds photo?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3DS video is higher resolution, widescreen and has much better playback controls, even letting you adjust the speed of the video, or reverse it.
The 10 minute sections is a drawback of course but it's forgiveable.

One downside is that good quality videos made for 3DS photo seem to get very large in filesize. That might just be me setting the data-rate and framerate too high though, 5000 might be overkill but the program I used doesn't indicate what a quality from high to low would be.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, 3DS Video Converter.

There are other 3DS video converters but this is the one that I like, I seem to get the best quality conversions out of it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
3DS video is higher resolution, widescreen and has much better playback controls, even letting you adjust the speed of the video, or reverse it.

One downside is that good quality videos made for 3DS photo seem to get very large in filesize. That might just be me setting the data-rate and framerate too high though, 5000 might be overkill but the program I used doesn't indicate what a quality from high to low would be.
You should be fine with something between 500-1000kbps when it comes to bitrate. 5000 is overkill, unless it's HD.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

You should be fine with something between 500-1000kbps when it comes to bitrate. 5000 is overkill, unless it's HD.
Yeah, the program defaults to 6000 when you go to the advanced settings, which is the only way to set the framerate.
I don't know what bitrate is used for quality setting 1 (maximum) or 4, 12, 32 etc.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know but is there any way to get rid of that fukin obnoxious date and random # in the bottom right of the screen with 3ds video playback ?i tried everything , even when you go into settings and turn off info display its still there
wtf does that # next to the date even represent? its not the video length of the video your watching , it dont move or count down or up, so wtf is it, i assume its either the amount of total video shot stored on the sd, or the amount of space left on the sd for video, but which is it ? and why put it there , thats really a retarded place to put it
especially when you cant even get rid of the info display overlay over the video,why not put that shit on the lower screen instead of having it obstruct the video?
and do videos converted with the 3ds video converter still have the annoying date stamp a the bottom or just videos shot through the 3ds cameras

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
i dont know but is there any way to get rid of that fukin obnoxious date and random # in the bottom right of the screen with 3ds video playback ?i tried everything , even when you go into settings and turn off info display its still there
wtf does that # next to the date even represent? its not the video length of the video your watching , it dont move or count down or up, so wtf is it, i assume its either the amount of total video shot stored on the sd, or the amount of space left on the sd for video, but which is it ? and why put it there , thats really a retarded place to put it
especially when you cant even get rid of the info display overlay over the video,why not put that shit on the lower screen instead of having it obstruct the video?
and do videos converted with the 3ds video converter still have the annoying date stamp a the bottom or just videos shot through the 3ds cameras
I'll have to disagree with you on the Info Display thing. Yeah, it's still there... if you watch using autoplay. Go watch it using Edit Video, then tell me the Info Display thing is useless. I've been doing it since... well, since Video Playback was out.

That time you're so pissed about? That's basically the time stamp (date & time the video/image was taken). If you have been taking pictures and videos, you would have seen and noticed it on them.

I do agree with you on putting those details solely on the top screen is a pretty tard move though. At least they should have made it so that you can put it out of the way (touch screen).

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Based on my experience with the 3DS Video Converter, 1000kbps (per stream) is insufficient, quality-wise. Any sort of movement would result in sharp pixelation. The best I've found is at least 2000kbps per stream, pushing it higher for faster-paced films (action scenes suffer the worst), up to 3000kbps per stream. On 3D movies, you should have at least 4000kbps video bitrate total, and around 6000kbps total for pixel-perfect video even with fast scenes. Cut the bitrates by half for 2D movies.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have to disagree with you on the Info Display thing. Yeah, it's still there... if you watch using autoplay. Go watch it using Edit Video, then tell me the Info Display thing is useless. I've been doing it since... well, since Video Playback was out.

That time you're so pissed about? That's basically the time stamp (date & time the video/image was taken). If you have been taking pictures and videos, you would have seen and noticed it on them.

I do agree with you on putting those details solely on the top screen is a pretty tard move though. At least they should have made it so that you can put it out of the way (touch screen).
oh ok but why 24 hour military time? i hate that why not normal 12 hour time and no option to toggle the display off,im not saying its useless i didnt know that was the time next to the date,im ok with that ,just be nice to be able to turn it off or move it to the bottom screen, also another annoying thing is that it cuts off the borders when you play a 3d video , why not just have it full screen? whats with the fuzzy border ,i hope they have a fw update to improve the video record app

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Military time lets you not have to add AM or PM.

What do you mean about "cutting borders"? That only happens on images/videos taken with the 3DS. Vids converted and images not taken with the camera doesn't have these "fuzzy borders".

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Military time lets you not have to add AM or PM.

What do you mean about "cutting borders"? That only happens on images/videos taken with the 3DS. Vids converted and images not taken with the camera doesn't have these "fuzzy borders".
oh ok thanks ,yeah i meant vids taken with the camera ,i wasnt sure if it did it with converted videos

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Based on my experience with the 3DS Video Converter, 1000kbps (per stream) is insufficient, quality-wise. Any sort of movement would result in sharp pixelation. The best I've found is at least 2000kbps per stream, pushing it higher for faster-paced films (action scenes suffer the worst), up to 3000kbps per stream. On 3D movies, you should have at least 4000kbps video bitrate total, and around 6000kbps total for pixel-perfect video even with fast scenes. Cut the bitrates by half for 2D movies.
Actually, what video codec does that converter use? 500-1000kbps is decent as long as it's a relatively modern codec. Even DivX/XviD will work decently at that bitrate. If it's an obsolete codec like MPEG-2 then yeah 1000kbps would be too little.
Edit: MJPEG? No clue what kind of bitrates are good for that.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Actually, what video codec does that converter use? 500-1000kbps is decent as long as it's a relatively modern codec. Even DivX/XviD will work decently at that bitrate. If it's an obsolete codec like MPEG-2 then yeah 1000kbps would be too little.
I was speaking from experience. It didn't matter what codec it was using-- those settings worked best for me. MJPEG, from what I remember, is something like animated GIFs, except each frame is a JPEG layer, and of course, GIFs only usually do a few seconds worth of frames at most. MJPEGs are like full length GIFs, in that regard.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was speaking from experience. It didn't matter what codec it was using-- those settings worked best for me. MJPEG, from what I remember, is something like animated GIFs, except each frame is a JPEG layer, and of course, GIFs only usually do a few seconds worth of frames at most. MJPEGs are like full length GIFs, in that regard.
Yeah, I figured that much. But that doesn't really say much about what kind of bitrates to expect. JPEG files are pretty small in low bitrates, but if you want the quality to be good they're not, still I don't know what that translates to in video. Recommended bitrates vary widely by codec, some are more efficient and let you use a much lower bitrate to get the same quality as other codecs. So there isn't really a codec-independent magic bitrate that will make your files look the same quality regardless of codec.

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
is there a 3ds video converter that splits into 10mins AND hardcode subs. I have the srt file just need to put it in. I hate moonshells video quality.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nope , no magic bit rate. But for me, 2K ~3K video bitrates work for the 3DS.

is there a 3ds video converter that splits into 10mins AND hardcode subs. I have the srt file just need to put it in. I hate moonshells video quality.
Nobody's thought of that yet, subs. I have nudged the idea on to NekuSoul though, and he's got something being worked on right now, but it requires he restructure the whole converter, methinks. Might take a while.

So for now, unless you pre-convert a video to get hardcoded subs in, you won't be getting any subs in your videos. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2