Hacking moonshell on SCLite for 1st time

Midnight Tboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
heya,

ok so I downloaded Moonshell 1.4 from the website, and extracted it. Looking through the guide the guide refers to an older version which has a different setup layout.

Anyways,

I click setup, choose English, then choose H: being my memory card mapping name.

Now on the Rom Image section on the right, nearly all of the options are ticked by default (NDS File For M3SD, etc) however the Supercard ones are blanked out?

On the other panels I touch nothing.

If I attempt with having none of the Rom Image options ticked, seeing as SC is blanked out in the presumption that SC might have been native support, when press Setup it makes the subfolder files on the memory card however there is no actual runnable rom to load it up.

I then tried the process again leaving option "NDS For GBAMP" and "NDS For M3/SD" ticked on the offchance. Now this time obviously I ended up with 2 NDS files.

I tested both out in the DS first without any sort of patching, as I'd read on some other thread that 1.4 doesn't seem to need to run the moonshell patch that comes with the SCLites software. blue screen with some errors about the EXFS came up on the top screeen and nothing at all on lower screen. Tried the M3 DS file too on offchance but no joy unsurprisingly.

Then I went and tried patching both of the NDS files with the supercard software moonshell patcher. again no joy.

any idea what I need to do? Is there a specific SC version I need to download instead?

cheers,
Tuck

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is the info from Xtreme

QUOTE said:
"I added the missing files. / Updated the package.

You need to copy the right file from the "files for SuperCard" folder to your card.
The files will be in the Setup on later releases."

here is the link to the above post http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10...der=asc&start=0

Below is the file info on the first post on changes and download.

MoonShell v1.4 (stable) Full package (uncompressed size 22.3 MB) updated: 2006/09/02
Download http://www.samipupu.com/upload/Guest/moonshell14_full.7z (7-Zip file) 9.85 MB
Includes:
* MoonShell v1.4 (stable)
* Video encoding tools (DPGTools v1.1 - Multilanguage)
* Missing SuperCard files added
* Readme files: English, Finnish, Japanese
MD5 checksum: d97b8dfe15370d3f8c09015cf674a3d5

Hope this helps

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Works for Supercard, if it doesn't show up, try getting another one or going back to an older version.

I didn't see much of a difference from 1.33 to 1.4

ooheadsoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better bookmark support for the txt reader
smile.gif

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@ yee and xxx_boy, this is from the auther
QUOTE said:
...added the missing files. / Updated the package.

You need to copy the right file from the "files for SuperCard" folder to your card.

The files will be in the Setup on later releases."

Includes: (for more proof)

* Missing SuperCard files addedÂ

Moonshell 1.4 does support supercard. The guy made a mistake when releasing the new version and has since put out a fix.

There is a folder called supercard with all the correct .nds files.

get the latest 1.4 version.
All that has to be done is uncheck all the other brands of cards and make the shell folder. put that and one of the .nds from the "files for supercard" folder onto the sd and good to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk