OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://mvpc.ytmnd.com/
this alone is worthy of a plugin

That was one of the least funny Mac vs PC spoofs I've ever seen.

My my, don't we like pissing on people's parade
I do. Especially when someone makes a thread like this.

"O HEY I SAW DIS TING DAT MADE ME LULZ FOR LEIK 2 SEOCNDZ NOW CAN I HAV DS PORT PLZ????????????"
moonshell can show pictures, moonshell can play music. Currently, moonshell can only run one at a time. If someone devised a way to play both at once, it would take relatively little coding effort and would allow people to share the half million ytmnds out there when they don't have their computer readily accessible.. troll much?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First "just needs to figure out how to do pictures and audio together" I hear there is this amazing new invention called film.

I am boring bastard and have only been there when linked by others. I have yet to be impressed but then making generic rapper 45 or was it 46 appear to sing over a computer game/anime/film soundtrack is perhaps and acquired taste.

Techincal detail
It seems 90% of the "ytmnds" are flash with some form of audio backing.
Assuming most of the flash is not the scripting language but little more than a glorified slideshow then requirements drop a bit (not much though0

Audio seems to be quicktime/mp3 or something fairly low demand. Still not quite within the realm of the DS though (assuming simultaneous real time decoding or multiple streams).

This being said there is a primitive flash viewer available:
http://www.natrium42.com/blog/?p=36

Perhaps Urza lacks tact in this matter (something I can not really find fault with) but I quite assure you it takes a lot to hold back.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download it and convert it to an AVI or whatever, then convert it to a DPG. You can then watch it as a vid in Moonshell.....with sound AND pictures.
cool.gif

notnarb

Not narbing it up
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From my understanding, most ytmnds are a gif (animated) or jpg image and a music file, usually an mp3 playing at the same time. To help sync, there is sometimes a loader (probably the flash you are thinking of) as browsers will play whichever they load first, first. Before there were direct links to the picture and music files, I would just nab them from the source code of the page. Correct me if i'm wrong.

edit: I guess I'll just use WMM to convert them to movies

wrathek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that was a pretty crappy mac vs pc. Ah well, it did its job, i laughed, and it made me more jealous of my friend at home playing halo 3

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dude, if you want a freking mediaplayer that plays music and has image sync at the same time, just buy an Mp4 :\
NDS was made for running games, not for home cinema...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1