Hacking moonshell help

Prince Carl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i install moonshell? i keep getting errors, i patched it with dldi but it still does not run, i am trying to run moonshell 1.7 on a N-card using mk5 software.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using the latest firmware you shouldn't need to patch it. Just run the setup program, select where you want to install (whatever drive your N-Card is).

There's are lots of checkboxes for different types of carts on the right of the install window. Make sure you select the SuperCard one (I think it says something about transflash or slot 1 in brackets). You can deselect all the other boxes. It'll install the .nds file. You will get an error message when you start it up, but it should still work fine.

Prince Carl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the latest firmware you shouldn't need to patch it. Just run the setup program, select where you want to install (whatever drive your N-Card is).

There's are lots of checkboxes for different types of carts on the right of the install window. Make sure you select the SuperCard one (I think it says something about transflash or slot 1 in brackets). You can deselect all the other boxes. It'll install the .nds file. You will get an error message when you start it up, but it should still work fine.
after version 1.5 its no longer a installer, its a zip full of .nds files for specific flash carts.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest version is 1.71. Do you have that?

It's a zip file, but just extract it into a folder. Click through until you find setup.exe and run that.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he is correct i believe you have 1.7 beta, which is not a fully working moonshell it is a beta version add on for 1.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2