Moonshell help please?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by 1man1dream, Jul 17, 2007.

Jul 17, 2007

Moonshell help please? by 1man1dream at 12:40 PM (1,377 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. 1man1dream
    OP

Member 1man1dream GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hey, I'm a complete total newbie with moonshell, I'm looking for a guide on how to get it to run. My specs are black nds lite flashme, ez iv lite, 1gb sandisk transflash. Please post/link me to a tutorial/guide on how to get moonshell up and running please, thanks [​IMG]

2. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Head over to Infantile Paralyser's site and grab the latest Moonshell and DPG tools.
    Put your microSD in your reader/writer.
    Extract the Zip somewhere and run the Setup.exe file that was in it.
    Assuming you want Moonshell in English click OK.
    Select your microSD from the drop down menu and click OK.
    Click the "All clear" button in the top right of the Setup window.
    Reselect the EZSD EZ Flash 4 (SD Card) check box.
    Click the "Setup" button.
    Click OK.
    Put the microSD back in the EZ4.
    Boot the EZ4 and select the Moonshell file.

Anything else you want to know? [​IMG]

3. 1man1dream
    OP

Australia
    Thanks, worked first time. Would just like to know what your settings are for the dpg converter, since when I tried converting a video it only had the sound =/

4. 1man1dream
    OP

Australia
    If possible post a screenshot please? That way I can just mirror the settings and hope for the best [​IMG]

5. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Mostly I just use the defaults, sometimes adjust bit rates for quality or the volume. I've only had the problem you describe on a couple of the videos I've converted. No amount of messing w/ the settings in DPG Tools fixed it so I ended up using a separate program to convert them from the format they were in to generic AVI's.

6. 1man1dream
    OP

Australia
    Thanks for the reply. Would using videora ipod converter with adjusted settings work? if so, which settings/resolution?

7. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I've never used the program your talking about, but a quick look at the website makes me inclined to say no. DPG is exclusively for Moonshell and the DPG player included w/ it for the PC, it's unlikely that any program like what you mentioned would ever support output to DPG.

What I used on my problem files was River Past's Video Cleaner Pro, converting them from whatever format they were in (eg MP4, WMV, etc) to just plain AVI's which, in my experience, DPG Tools handles better then most other formats it is supposed to support. Then of course I still had to use DPG Tools on the AVI file that Video Cleaner output.

There are other programs that do what Video Cleaner does, that don't cost $80. [​IMG] Some time w/ your favorite search engine should turn one up.

8. 1man1dream
    OP

Australia
    Thanks alot for your help KidIce [​IMG]

9. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sorry for the bump but no one mentioned BatchDPG which I use. Great piece of software.