GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's a homebrew program this forum seemed the best fit. I'm having some trouble when playing my videos (I haven't tested any other media as of yet). The videos play inverted -- flipped both vertically and horizontally. When Moonshell first boots up, there's some error message that appears. But it boots so fast I can't read exactly what it's saying. I'm using a CycloDS Evolution card and the Evo-exclusive version of Moonshell 1.17. I tried re-downloading the rar file and re-extracting it to my microSD, but it didn't solve the problem.

Any help is, of course, appreciated.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The error message is consistent with all flashcarts, it is intended to be ignored (unless it actually stays at the message, unlike your scenario)

not sure about the inversion but moonshell is configurable through it's config file (Moonshell.ini i think), and such a configuration might fix it. Otherwise it could be a problem with your dpg encoding.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...it could be a problem with your dpg encoding.

Hmm...whelp, I'm using DPGTools 1.12 (which came with the 1.5 version of Moonshell) to convert to DPG (from AVI). I've tested the videos while still in AVI format, so the problem definitely is located somewhere during or after the conversion.

Perhaps I should try a different version of DPGTools...?
unsure.gif

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
...it could be a problem with your dpg encoding.

Hmm...whelp, I'm using DPGTools 1.12 (which came with the 1.5 version of Moonshell) to convert to DPG (from AVI). I've tested the videos while still in AVI format, so the problem definitely is located somewhere during or after the conversion.

Perhaps I should try a different version of DPGTools...?
unsure.gif
maybe it's worth trying to see if someone would be kind enough to convert a small clip for you and try that to see if you get the same thing. i can't use batchdpg because it will get so far through converting a film and then reboot my pc.
unsure.gif
it may work for you though.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...i can't use batchdpg because it will get so far through converting a film and then reboot my pc.
unsure.gif
it may work for you though.

Whelp, that did the trick. I was able to successfully convert some movies to DPG using batchDPG. One of the videos displayed some weird lines of white dots on top and bottom of the video on occasion, but the other one was fine. Not sure what those artifacts were, but it looks like it's a go.

Thanks for the suggestion.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...well, after further testing, it doesn't look like I'm out of the woods quite yet. Some of the videos receive an error saying something to the effect of, "256 pixel became unsupported..." The videos that receive this message don't work and won't allow me to return to the Moonshell main screen. One video played `til the end and then stopped on the last frame, and would not allow me to return to the Moonshell main screen.

So, I'm not sure what to do exactly. I was reading the Moonshell FAQ thread, and I wasn't quite clear as to the purpose of some of the programs that are mentioned therein. The two that seem to be used, I'm using. Are the others passive components of some sort that help batchDPG to function properly? (The referred-to FAQ.)

Perhaps there's another version of DPGTools out that's better suited for use with the Evo-Moonshell version 1.17...? I can't seem to find anything when running a search, either here or on Google.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte