Hacking moonshell error starting up

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....that was one of the things that the 1.11 R4 firmware was supposed to fix.....you're not supposed to get that error when loading Moonshell anymore.

Are you sure you updated all the files contained in the 1.11 update? Did you delete the _DS_MENU.SYS file and let the R4 re-create it when you updated?

It's odd that you're still getting the error.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The error screen is there so that when the moonshell folder can't be found, the screen tells the user why and how to solve the problem. Once moonshell finds the folder, then moonshell will load, and the screen disappears.

simoonsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
backup all ur roms, savs then format ur card
then recopy the 1.11 kernal, i got that error too b4, i forgot how i got it, i think i pressed like a button during the moonshell startup i dun remember but after i did that it worked.
i use a japanese 1 gb kingston and i reformatted it at FAT at 64k allocation size.
ya i dun even kno if u will bother to do it since u sound like a jerk but i did get a similar error. also what kind of micro sd card r u using anyways? iono but certain cards dont work as well wif some progs/roms.

retman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
backup all ur roms, savs then format ur card
then recopy the 1.11 kernal, i got that error too b4, i forgot how i got it, i think i pressed like a button during the moonshell startup i dun remember but after i did that it worked.
i use a japanese 1 gb kingston and i reformatted it at FAT at 64k allocation size.
ya i dun even kno if u will bother to do it since u sound like a jerk but i did get a similar error. also what kind of micro sd card r u using anyways? iono but certain cards dont work as well wif some progs/roms.

kingston, made in japan. best brand available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1