Hacking moonshell 4 ttds

pen pitstop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have followed everything n used dpgenc 2 encode a movie.put on the card n nowt comes up on the moonshell screen no movie no books nowt.what am i doin rong

pen pitstop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.just got a tt card in replacement 4 an r4.i have put ttmenu etc 2 play the games and moonshell v1,17 using the automatic option.installed fine,click on the moonshell file it opens up with 2 boxes on the bottom screen saying about what buttons 2 use etc.... and thats it..no films showing on the top screen as it did on my r4...in fact my r4 didnt show the 2 boxes on the bottom either.sorry if not totally in laymens english...num1 i'm new n 2..(but no excuse)i'm a woman ok!!!

pen pitstop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed what some1 else posted in a diff topic,so i assumed it wud work fine...i know with the r4 when u switch on the ds it had 3 options..1 for the games...2 for media etc n 3 for sumit i never worked out...now with tt its straight into the menu list of games etc.i go2 the moonshell file n it boots up in2 it n thats it.i used2 b able play films and read ebooks with my r4 no probs,really easy(even 4 a woman!!!)but this tt yikes

pen pitstop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
start up ds...ttds starts up....loads game files etc....also installed n have file named...moonshell_autopatch_def.(file should use 2 play films etc) click on this file n it loads on2 moonshell screen n thats it no movie file showing even though i have copied a .dpg file on2 the ttcard....do i need 2 encode it as a diff file other than .dpg(which worked on my r4)or don't films play with the ttds card?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
Have you browsed to where the .dpg video is located?

MoonShell works fine with the DSTT, I have one. You don't need to change the encoding or anything since you're still using MoonShell.

pen pitstop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if i have not used gramatically correct english,for that i apologise.i will say in this day n age short hand would have been better than long winded going round the houses novels but o well again sorry.
any way,after abit of female thought i have now got .dpgs 2 play....it was very simple really.i formatted my card and started from scratch and hey presto its fine..i must have tried 2 many files(over writing n overwriting)n the card was confused...like i made u guys oooops.next time i need help,i will try n b plainer and in proper english.
thankyou 4 ur time n best wishes 2 u all x

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pen pitstop said:
sorry if i have not used gramatically correct english,for that i apologise.

IF? If? There is no question that you have used grammatically incorrect English. Rather, you've totally disregarded grammar in your previous posts so there is no "if".

Tip: The first step is to hit the space bar key after a "," or "."

QUOTE said:
i will say in this day n age short hand would have been better than long winded going round the houses novels but o well again sorry.

I will say that in this day and age, short hand, used properly is indeed helpful, but you're not using short hand. Your just acting like a goon. Acting like a goon hasn't ever been helpful and wont ever be. There is no fix for "goonness"

Tip: The point of shorthand is to properly communicate or convey an idea CLEARLY while allowing the actual writer a short cut in the physical labor of writing. If you write "Jimmy went 2 the store", or even "Jimmy --> Store" then the majority of prudent people who read it would understand this to mean that Jimmy has gone to the store. The way your writing, partial sentences, absence of grammar, lack of clarity in your matter, thats not shorthand. Its really just a more drawn out form of "Chat speak" which, contrary to popular belief, happens to the bane of the internet.

any way,after abit of female thought i have now got .dpgs 2 play....it was very simple really.i formatted my card and started from scratch and hey presto its fine..i must have tried 2 many files(over writing n overwriting)n the card was confused...like i made u guys oooops.next time i need help,i will try n b plainer and in proper english.
thankyou 4 ur time n best wishes 2 u all x

Female thought? Whats being female got to do with anything? Stupidity isn't exclusive to any one race, religion or sex. As you've demonstrated here, anyone, even a woman, can be stupid at times. The important thing to do is recognize you've been stupid, come to grips with it, apologize for the inconvenience you've caused and to reign in the stupidity the next time it rears its ugly head before you allow it to menace the society.

Of course getting a .dpg file to play was simple, and if you'd properly communicated your problem the first time anyone of the people who responded would've explained it to you, or given you to one of the millions of topics that explain the process
rolleyes.gif
. They've been here a while, know things and are familiar with the troubles of Noobs.

Whiles it very possible to confuse people, you cant confuse a computer or a program. They may serve limited functions, but they perform their range of operations perfectly--or rather as perfectly as the humans who created them allowed them too. What ever you were doing wrong, it was your fault. Don't try and put it off as a system error, when it was very simply your fault.

Thats why when you started over from scratch, it worked. You were confused earlier, so you did something wrong and didn't notice it--even though you tried several times, which means that you did something wrong several times. Nothings wrong with a person making mistakes, but its highly annoying when they try and deny it--worse, put it off on someone, or something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning