moonshell 4 ttds

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by pen pitstop, Jul 1, 2008.

Jul 1, 2008

moonshell 4 ttds by pen pitstop at 9:02 PM (5,264 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. pen pitstop
    OP

Newcomer pen pitstop Newbie

United States
    i have followed everything n used dpgenc 2 encode a movie.put on the card n nowt comes up on the moonshell screen no movie no books nowt.what am i doin rong

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    If you used better English, we could help you.

3. pen pitstop
    OP

United States
    ok.just got a tt card in replacement 4 an r4.i have put ttmenu etc 2 play the games and moonshell v1,17 using the automatic option.installed fine,click on the moonshell file it opens up with 2 boxes on the bottom screen saying about what buttons 2 use etc.... and thats it..no films showing on the top screen as it did on my r4...in fact my r4 didnt show the 2 boxes on the bottom either.sorry if not totally in laymens english...num1 i'm new n 2..(but no excuse)i'm a woman ok!!!

4. pen pitstop
    OP

United States
    i followed what some1 else posted in a diff topic,so i assumed it wud work fine...i know with the r4 when u switch on the ds it had 3 options..1 for the games...2 for media etc n 3 for sumit i never worked out...now with tt its straight into the menu list of games etc.i go2 the moonshell file n it boots up in2 it n thats it.i used2 b able play films and read ebooks with my r4 no probs,really easy(even 4 a woman!!!)but this tt yikes

5. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I still can't figure out what your problem is with the DSTT and MoonShell....

6. pen pitstop
    OP

United States
    start up ds...ttds starts up....loads game files etc....also installed n have file named...moonshell_autopatch_def.(file should use 2 play films etc) click on this file n it loads on2 moonshell screen n thats it no movie file showing even though i have copied a .dpg file on2 the ttcard....do i need 2 encode it as a diff file other than .dpg(which worked on my r4)or don't films play with the ttds card?

7. SchuchWun

Member SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    you need to write using proper English and form full sentences.... this isn't your cellphone!!! If I was your English teacher you'd get an F!

now whats your problem???

8. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    Have you browsed to where the .dpg video is located?

MoonShell works fine with the DSTT, I have one. You don't need to change the encoding or anything since you're still using MoonShell.

9. pen pitstop
    OP

United States
    sorry if i have not used gramatically correct english,for that i apologise.i will say in this day n age short hand would have been better than long winded going round the houses novels but o well again sorry.
    any way,after abit of female thought i have now got .dpgs 2 play....it was very simple really.i formatted my card and started from scratch and hey presto its fine..i must have tried 2 many files(over writing n overwriting)n the card was confused...like i made u guys oooops.next time i need help,i will try n b plainer and in proper english.
    thankyou 4 ur time n best wishes 2 u all x

10. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    mine just gives me two white screens when i select the _BOOT_MP_.nds file

11. Koekje

Member Koekje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    .....this isn't the R4DS, that are the moonshell files for the R4DS..

12. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Just download moonshell and put the nds file and moonshl folder in your ds. It should work fine after that.

13. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    Well there's that one and there's one for the SC, should I use the SC one?

14. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States

Female thought? Whats being female got to do with anything? Stupidity isn't exclusive to any one race, religion or sex. As you've demonstrated here, anyone, even a woman, can be stupid at times. The important thing to do is recognize you've been stupid, come to grips with it, apologize for the inconvenience you've caused and to reign in the stupidity the next time it rears its ugly head before you allow it to menace the society.

Of course getting a .dpg file to play was simple, and if you'd properly communicated your problem the first time anyone of the people who responded would've explained it to you, or given you to one of the millions of topics that explain the process [​IMG]. They've been here a while, know things and are familiar with the troubles of Noobs.

Whiles it very possible to confuse people, you cant confuse a computer or a program. They may serve limited functions, but they perform their range of operations perfectly--or rather as perfectly as the humans who created them allowed them too. What ever you were doing wrong, it was your fault. Don't try and put it off as a system error, when it was very simply your fault.

Thats why when you started over from scratch, it worked. You were confused earlier, so you did something wrong and didn't notice it--even though you tried several times, which means that you did something wrong several times. Nothings wrong with a person making mistakes, but its highly annoying when they try and deny it--worse, put it off on someone, or something else.