GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I try to Soft Reset with L + R + A + B + X + Y it brings me to a white screen with an image of an SD card with the word 'Loading' under it. Anyway to soft-reset properly?

I'm using an R4 Original with Moonshell 2.05 Stable.

robgraves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't know you could soft reset Moonshell, i know i can go back to the firmware and then reload it, but i've never tried to soft reset it, as i assumed you couldn't

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
For most flashcarts (that I know of) soft-reset typically doesn't work on Homebrew. Only seems to work with commercial games...
frown.gif

Is there a homebrew app out there that can reset the DS? Perhaps if someone coded a simple hombrew app that resets the DS, we can just use that for the reset nds file.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
you can use Moonshells built in reset feature on most cards.

And please do direct me to this as I believe I'm talking about the same feature here. Moonshell has a menu that comes up after pressing start. There is a thing in that menu titled exit to menu or something like that (can't remember exact wording, but do know it is that last item at the bottom of said menu).

However you would need a NDS file of the flashcard menu that you are running Moonshell 2 on (would be located in the resetmse folder within the moonshell folder). As for me, I own a Supercard and unfortunately the NDS file for that does nothing but freeze when I try to use it as Moonshell's exit feature.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apache Thunder said:
SifJar said:
you can use Moonshells built in reset feature on most cards.

And please do direct me to this as I believe I'm talking about the same feature here. Moonshell has a menu that comes up after pressing start. There is a thing in that menu titled exit to menu or something like that (can't remember exact wording, but do know it is that last item at the bottom of said menu).

However you would need a NDS file of the flashcard menu that you are running Moonshell 2 on (would be located in the resetmse folder within the moonshell folder). As for me, I own a Supercard and unfortunately the NDS file for that does nothing but freeze when I try to use it as Moonshell's exit feature.

Exit to firmware?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dunno where you get the exit to firmware/resetmse file from, but I think they exit somewhere. All I know is there was a special one released for DSTT, I assumed other cards could already do it without a special one.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is the feature I am talking about. So for your case you must find a file called r4.nds or something. Just attempt to use that feature and Moonshell will tell you that the file is missing. That error message will tell you what to name the file it is wanting to use.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it should be R4TF.NDS. Just use R4crypt to extract the official R4 firmware (or whatever R4 firmware you use if you use an unofficial one) and then rename the .NDS file to R4TF.NDS (The filename is the same as the DLDI patch name).

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
I think it should be R4TF.NDS. Just use R4crypt to extract the official R4 firmware (or whatever R4 firmware you use if you use an unofficial one) and then rename the .NDS file to R4TF.NDS (The filename is the same as the DLDI patch name).

I tried that and it still gets stuck.
I downloaded the v1.18 Firmware from R4's site, encrypt it, renamed it to 'R4TF.NDS' (Still a DAT file) and then put it in 'Moonshl2/resetmse'

supercarte

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
The softreset for commercial games isn't effective for R4 (see YSmenu).
Works for DSone SDHC, DSonei (with a trick) and DSTT.

Moonshell 2 is irrelevant. The 'Moonshl2/resetmse' folder is not used to that.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDStemp said:
Every time I try to Soft Reset with L + R + A + B + X + Y it brings me to a white screen with an image of an SD card with the word 'Loading' under it. Anyway to soft-reset properly?

I'm using an R4 Original with Moonshell 2.05 Stable.

I didn't think that the R4 would have a white screen with the image of a MicroSD card with Loading, That sounds more like DSTT behavior to me. You might wanna try the TTIO.nds reset instead and see if it works from the Exit to Firmware option. as for the R4, somewhere in the Downloads section is an old MoonShell 2 Beta package with the R4TF.nds file in it which is not what everyone thinks, I don't assume that the R4DS Firmware says "MoonShell 2 Soft-Reset R4DS" when it runs. Either way, try the R4TF.nds from the downloads section or just put a random homebrew in as R4TF.nds and hit exit to firmware, if it boots then you just need that file.

RTAgent5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has moonshell 2 installed as his firmware and he's using YSMenu as the loader. He's trying to soft reset out of a game back to moonshell. It's not going to work because the reset file for YSMenu is for TTDS only. That's why all you see is an SD card on a white screen. YSMenu was originally made for a TTDS, not R4, that's why this does not work. At this time soft reset on YSMenu is not possible on the R4.

NDStemp

GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RTAgent5 said:
He has moonshell 2 installed as his firmware and he's using YSMenu as the loader. He's trying to soft reset out of a game back to moonshell. It's not going to work because the reset file for YSMenu is for TTDS only. That's why all you see is an SD card on a white screen. YSMenu was originally made for a TTDS, not R4, that's why this does not work. At this time soft reset on YSMenu is not possible on the R4.

I forgot about this thread. Thanks, now I know why it doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on