DragonDragon11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hello!

I have a problem.
I'm a big fan of watching Anime series and have my 1TB hard drive are full of it , so I thought I download and install xilisoft Video Converter , convert all my avi's to DPG4 files and put them on my Ak2i. Because I go by bus to school, and I bring my ds (i) with me. So that I could enjoy more time with my anime haha
Everything seemed successful, I had tried this 2 versions:

http://filetrip.net/f9241-Akaio-1-5-1-m ... l2-09.html
http://filetrip.net/f9355-Akaio-1-5-1-m ... -2-10.html

Here was moonshell 2.0 already inside akaio . Because I am a noob with flash cards, so I just download a done version ..
Everything went fine, episodes of Bleach converted to DPG and putted on ak2i..

But when I watched 2 episodes of bleach. I'm just an open rom/game called (Call of Duty Modern Warface Moblized) He first created a Sav off course
When I was done with gaming, I just turned m dsi on/of and started moonshell 2.0 up to watch another episode of my series Bleach,naruto . But first it go to a Memory check , well the memory check failed and I get this . I

I put out the bride:
MiroSD card test:
Testing .. stoped 79%
Black screen of death with white text with :
Disk Error

The size of the folder and the eight major difference

Recovery Report
Back up your files and reformat bla bla bla

I asked on another Community; just like GBATemp what the problem is and how’d I fix this . Some one reccormed me to go back from 2.10 to 2.09 because moonshel 2.10 is still in a beta face .
I backed formatted and download 2.09 version that’s above the links. 2.0.9 done. it worked. Once again when I started a .nds Rom , it maked first a .sav offcourse .Again failed on the sd card test to error came again (black screen + white test :/)

Looks that version 1.7.1 of moonshell works normal on akaio 1.5.1 + Acekard 2i. But is there no option for 2.0 to let it works on my ak2i + Akaio 1.5.1 without problems . I would like to putt dpg4 videos which also are better in quality than normal DPG files. And you yup.. .. 1.7 doesn’t support dpg4 files =(

DragonDragon11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
jakob95 said:
Turn off Diskcheck.
It's Safe if i turn it of ? I have no problems with my ak2i then if i turn it off . ?
Thanx for you fast reply dude
wink.gif

DragonDragon11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Countbisquit said:
Yeah, it's just a Moonshell 2 thing. Turn off diskcheck inside Moonshell and it will load fine every time.
yaynds.gif
It happens on other flashcards too (EZflash V is one)

Countbisquit
laugh.gif
Thanks for helping me out guys =]
Now can i finaly enjoy watching bleach XD

Can you guys send me a link to moonshell 2.0 and akaio 1.5.1 ?
And how do i put moonshell 2.0 into akaio 1.5.1 ?

Thanks guys
smile.gif
=]=]=]

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey that same problem happens to me except that i havent been able to launch it yet, but it works on my other msd(the problem is that it is an 1 gb and in the one that doesnt works its a 8gb).So how can i turn off the disc check without having to launch it.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
naruses said:
Hey that same problem happens to me except that i havent been able to launch it yet, but it works on my other msd(the problem is that it is an 1 gb and in the one that doesnt works its a 8gb).So how can i turn off the disc check without having to launch it.
There is a file that needs altering using a HEX editor to disable the disk check
I guess you don't know much about them so I've uploaded a modified version of the file at http://filetrip.net/f9666-moonshell-2-Disk...sabled-1-0.html

Just Unzip it & copy the file into your '/moonshl2/internal/' folder (I suggest you rename the existing file first - just to be on the safe side), & hopefully you should now be able to boot into Moonshell

Note that I don't know what version Moonshell you have (this is a modified 2.06 file) - but I can't see there being any problem as the file size for 2.09 is the same
Let us know if it's successful or not

EDIT: Oh by the way apparently 'Disk Check' usually 'faults out' if it find disk corruption on the card, not necessarily a corrupted file but a corrupted 'blank space' on the card - Have you backedup your card, reformatted it using Panasonic formattter, & reinstalling ?? - this usually cures such problems

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry For the delay

But, Hell Yeah! It Worked
CannonFoddr you re the best.

By the way, it just work with moonshell 2.06

And a question Cannon can you make another one of this when moonshell 2.10 STABLE releases cause according to moonlight its gonna be its last moonshell

Thank You very much,Naruses

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
At last moonshell 2.0x work on my DS
biggrin.gif
THX to CannonFoddr (disk check disable works great)

EDIT: For those, who got this error too and want to use mshl2.10 (not only 2.06 with diskcheckdisabled) --- do this --->
---> open moonshl2.ini file (with notepad or something) look for row AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk=0 and change 0 to 1 and save.

DONT NEED TO DL THIS -> http://filetrip.net/f9666-moonshell-2-Disk...sabled-1-0.html (works upto version 2.06) -> just EDIT INI FILE
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
penthaler said:
At last moonshell 2.0x work on my DS
biggrin.gif
THX to CannonFoddr (disk check disable works great)

EDIT: For those, who got this error too and want to use mshl2.10 (not only 2.06 with diskcheckdisabled) --- do this --->
---> open moonshl2.ini file (with notepad or something) look for row AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk=0 and change 0 to 1 and save.

DONT NEED TO DL THIS -> http://filetrip.net/f9666-moonshell-2-Disk...sabled-1-0.html (works upto version 2.06) -> just EDIT INI FILE
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info - I wasn't sure if it'll work with anything higher (I'm sticking with 2.06 as it's the last version that'll allow the AKAIO/YSMenu loader to work)

I've just been checking other versions - it seems V2.09 also has the 'AlwaysDisabledCheckDisk=' line as well
I've attempted the same 'fix' for v2.08 & hoped that it was 'backward compatible' wiith older version - It isn't (you can't use a modified 2.08 on a 2.06 it seems)

so for future reference here's how to do it
  • Download a hex editor (I use the portable version of HxD - No installation required)
  • Copy from your flashcard microSD the file 'moonshl2.dat' from the '/moonshl2/internal/' folder to your PC (this is a backup in case things go wrong))
  • Load from your flash card the same file ('/moonshl2/internal/moonshl2.dat') into HxD
  • Move the cursor across until 'Offset' (shown in bottom left corner) shows '5'.
    You should now be on a space with the value '01' in it
  • Change the value to '00' (it should turn red & 'Modified' shows at bottom right hand corner)
  • Click on the 'Save' icon to save the modifed version back to the MicroSD
    Place back into your flashcard & boot up - the Checkdisk should now be disabled

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Never had a problem with any of the moonshell versions
smile.gif

Using a 4 years old R4DS with latest Ysmenu/unoffical DSTT.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Link0518 said:
Never had a problem with any of the moonshell versions
smile.gif

Using a 4 years old R4DS with latest Ysmenu/unoffical DSTT.
Do you do a 'clean install' each time or just install over the original ??
I've had problems on bootup when I've installed over an existing version, but never if I wipe the old moonshell off first

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe he has large 2GB microSD card
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I had on my 8GB microSDHC problems with all 2.x versions (but since today no problem
biggrin.gif
)

- formating never helps (winxp or panasonic formater)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM