Homebrew Moonshell 2/Mp3 player Questions NDS

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there someway I can get per-file bookmarking for the mp3s or an alternative mp3 recommendation for a nintendo DS Lite that'd do the job? i'd like to use it to listen to my audiobooks....or an alternate mp3 player for my nds that would do the same thing..
Videos played in moonshell2 will remember where I stopped them, but I can only get mp3s to remember when I forcibly leave the app, and that's only good if I don't want to watch/listen to something else in between.

Thanks for your help!

Airth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure the answer to this is that there is no app that will allow you to bookmark mp3s. Probably the best you can do is use Moonshell 1 which allows you to fairly accurately select the position you left off using the stylus on the progress bar.

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't even get the bookmark system working in moonshell1.71final; and according to this post "http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2277" it should work.

the only reference is it's supposed to have something to do with the files being in the right case and using the L/R buttons, but I've never gotten any combination of buttons to work.

I tried putting the bookmark.sav style files from the earlier version (which already existed in the right place from what I can tell) in moonshl2\internal\ and moonshl2\ to no avail.

Ultimately there's a sucky work-around option....Use moonshl2 for videos and everyday use.
Use moonshl1 for ONLY listening to 1 audiobook at a time.

Anyone have ideas for getting it working on moonshl1 at least?

ChuckMcB

Trophies
Website
www.ds-xtra.com
XP
Country
Copule of points:

If you are following the instructions from the CycloDS site, make sure you use their moonshell, it's slightly modified.

The instructions I posted work for the default version of 1.71, I've just tidied them up a bit.

THe booksmark files need to be in the moonshell folder.

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using their moonshell, but I've done some poking around and get the feeling that bookmarks only work for text files...can anyone confirm?

Unfortunately I can't find the bookmarks.txt file in any older moonshell build floating around to confirm how it works right now.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
bookmarking?
when u play music, just turn off ur ds.
it auto bookmarks so wehn u boot mshl2, itll resume.
same for dpgs.

Iceclaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great if you don't want to watch or listen to something else in between. Sometimes I like to take a break from an 11hr audiobook to listen to a cd or watch something
smile.gif

Airth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're right when you say the bookmarks are for text files only. I've never seen anything about bookmarking audio files.

There is another cumbersome option of course - convert your audio books to dpg and listen to them with the video player...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: